Dick Vermeil

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
An all new A Football Life about Vermeil will be on tonight at 9 pm ET on the NFL Network!
s9.jpg

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
The DVR is set -- I really enjoy the Football Life series. Other than the one on Belichick (which I absolutely refuse to watch), I'll watch them all -- they're usually pretty cool back stories.

A year or two back, they did one on the Fearsome Foursome -- that one was pretty cool.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make sure you have your...
800W+Kleenex_Pack+shot_Everyday.jpg

handy!

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could he possibly be the nicest coach ever? Guys loved him and still love him. Very special in our hearts for sure.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If only he would have stayed with the Rams . It's hard to tell how it would have turned out .

jap

Legend
If only he would have stayed with the Rams . It's hard to tell how it would have turned out .

The evil Rams organization screwed that one up. The original plan was for Mike Martz to serve as an understudy to Dickie V for three years , allowing Mad Mike to learn the ins & outs of head coaching. However, the Rams' SB run in 1999 scared the administrative brass with the idea they would lose the brilliant Martz, so they essentially forced Dickie V to retire so they could hold onto Mad Mike by promoting him to the top coaching job before he was really ready to handle the politics involved.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Great show and well worth the time. A lot of little details about Vermeil and his life that really put in to focus what a great coach and man he is. Loved how his old Eagles players rooted for him while he was in St Louis as a father figure. Will rewatch this episode soon.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it's damn selfish of me, but Vermeil does a weekly call in to a KC Sports radio station and I get jealous! "How they dare horn in OUR Super Bowl winning HC!!!!!!)...lol...Every place he has HeadCoached, love him.....Whats not to love?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The evil Rams organization screwed that one up. The original plan was for Mike Martz to serve as an understudy to Dickie V for three years , allowing Mad Mike to learn the ins & outs of head coaching. However, the Rams' SB run in 1999 scared the administrative brass with the idea they would lose the brilliant Martz, so they essentially forced Dickie V to retire so they could hold onto Mad Mike by promoting him to the top coaching job before he was really ready to handle the politics involved.

Yeah, I don't remember where Martz stood, contract-wise... But he would have moved to another team in 2000 without the promotion.

At least, that's what I recall.

I'm not sure even Vermiel could have sustained success with Zygmunt around.