Dick Stockon & The JagWahhs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm soory if you're offended by Stockton's Jagwahhs remark; it's too damn funny to talk aboot how peeved you guys are over other people's pronounciations

Debacled

Starter
Stockton has been bad for a couple years.

Mentioned it in the thread when they were pegged for the game, the man is just getting too old.

Always ends up sounding like your grandpa who missed two of his afternoon naps and is trying to keep up with a conversation after Christmas dinner after his first glass of wine since last year's Christmas dinner.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I found Schlereth to be more annoying. He seemed to be rooting for Jacksonville but did give Rams players the credit they deserved. I think it's his delivery and double talk that gets on my nerves. He is definitely not an easy guy to listen to.

I want Martz back in the booth.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Stockton has been bad for a couple years.

Mentioned it in the thread when they were pegged for the game, the man is just getting too old.

Always ends up sounding like your grandpa who missed two of his afternoon naps and is trying to keep up with a conversation after Christmas dinner after his first glass of wine since last year's Christmas dinner.
tumblr_ms41yxpcht1qa5cito1_500.png

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm soory if you're offended by Stockton's Jagwahhs remark; it's too damn funny to talk aboot how peeved you guys are over other people's pronounciations

He has one job, to speak. Proper pronunciation is a big part of that job. If he can't even do that properly then he deserves all the ridicule he gets. Stockton lives in Florida. You would think by now he would have heard "Jaguars" often enough to know how to pronounce it. By the way he used to be married to the equally annoying Leslie Visser.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9K3NCMpDO8

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
It Drove me Nuts the entire game!

I just hit the mute button like I always do when dealing with this dumb ass type of announcers. I know enough about my team and what is happening during the game that I really don't need them. Of course my wife complained, I just told her if you want to hear what they are saying go watch the TV upstairs.

Ram65

Legend
https://www.google.com/search?q=dic...ome..69i57.11081j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

He will be 75 years old in November. It was weird hearing it over and over. Can't blame him for wanting to keep going. He does bring a certain excitement to the game when a big play happens.

Schlereth was over trying to make his remarks sound more interesting at times. I thought he was fair for the most part. He is still learning. I don't think he has done that many games.

I was more annoyed that the broadcast lacked many instant replays. I care more about seeing a play again so I can judge things for myself than what the announcers say.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
While we are talking about this, please get someone to replace that Jon Gurden on MNF, he is terrible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was more annoyed that the broadcast lacked many instant replays.

I was too.

At one point I thought Stockton was getting coached to correct his pronunciation of Jagwahs and he appeared to be trying to add the “R”in there... but it was funny to hear him fight it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure if this was posted already... Stockton went full Ron Burgendy, just reading what was on his paper.
Funny timing... I did not catch it while watching the game but, on the local sports station today, they did a little montage leading up to the noon show and it had sound bites from Burgundy, then Stockton's gaffe. I did not know it was during the Rams game (like I said, I must have missed that one). Hilarious (and embarrassing)

Some people don't know how to pronounce Jag-warz. Tom Jackson used to call them the Jag-wires.
THIS is a BIG pet peeve of mine... I hate it when they pronounce it Jaguires.. there is no "i" in that word!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd rather have Stockton's version than that!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Technically, the pronunciation is "Jag-u-arz." That's how the Brits say it on the car commercial.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[av]http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/media/american/us_pron/j/jag/jagua/jaguar_American_English_pronunciation.mp3[/av]

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With 3:22 left in the fourth quarter while Zeurlein is warming up, there is an official looking guy standing by overwatching Greg. In the background there is a hot chick wearing a skimpy black dress. The dress is riding up and she is pulling it down.

That guy is totally busted on camera checking that chick out. I wonder if he is married, was his wife watching.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
With 3:22 left in the fourth quarter while Zeurlein is warming up, there is an official looking guy standing by overwatching Greg. In the background there is a hot chick wearing a skimpy black dress. The dress is riding up and she is pulling it down.

That guy is totally busted on camera checking that chick out. I wonder if he is married, was his wife watching.

View: https://youtu.be/_Md4FAA6ntU

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Do the stations know they are broadcasting into the 2nd largest market in the USA! Do you think they could get an "A" team of announcers and producers and cameramen. For fucks sake!! Shit, most of the games broadcasted can't even get us good replays. For that matter we have missed whole plays when they switch to a shot of the end zone while the play is being described to us. This is getting insulting.