DGB in 2nd Round?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
IF Dorial Green-Beckham is still available when the Rams pick in the 2nd Round and IF the Rams don't pick a WR (DeVante Parker?) in the 1st Round would you consider drafting him in the 2nd Round? I know he is has question marks and he would probably be the ultimate BOOM or BUST type player but if he is available and the Rams pick another position (OL?) with their top pick I take that gamble and take him. I would think Britt, Quick and DGB could give opposing defensive backfields nightmares! I would be thrilled if the Rams top 2 picks end up being Scherff and DGB!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
3-4 years ago, I dreamed of the Rams having the opportunity to draft this kid. His rise was meteoric, and he has the tools & talent to be taken in the first 10 rounds of a draft. The comparisons to Randy Moss were (and can still be) justified.
Now, I have nightmares of the Rams drafting him. The pothead friends I knew when I was growing up rarely cared about the consequences of their drug habit, & felt persecuted by those who couldn't depend on them. I hate venting about anyone, but growing up in Springfield MO, I had a lot of local pride in DGB, talked him up to co-workers, had friends who went to his high school who followed his career closely, etc. When the news stories broke about him, I was extremely disappointed; getting booted off the Mizzou squad was the nail in his coffin, for me anyways.
I'm not saying he can't change, or that he can't be (or become) dependable, but if I were the Rams GM I wouldn't touch this kid with a 1,000 ft pole. I see multiple drug suspensions in his future, and any GM that drafts this kid w/ a 2nd round pick puts his career in jeopardy. Janoris has turned out OK (no suspensions to date), so if they do draft him, it must be that Snead/Fisher believe they can manage him well, based on their 'success' so far w/ Janoris. (as long as they can somehow keep him off Twitter... :censored: )

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As I sit here at home, heck yeah.

But that decision depends a ton more on information that I don't have.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Hell yes! Perfect scenario is a trade down in the first to pick up an extra second draft Cameron Erving, If DGB was sitting there with our first 2nd rounder I would sprint to the podium to hand in that card. Dude has Megatron like upside I think he is well worth the risk especially if we can get an extra 2nd rounder. If he stays clean he could easily end up being the best WR in this draft class in a few years.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Locker room balance is an important part of building a cohesive and successful team. Fisher knows this better than I do.

My big concern right now is the Rams getting a little cocky thinking "they can save anyone" and make it work.

We've already strayed away from the excessive choirboy mentality of Devaney, I'm thinking we need to be careful about shifting the balance too far the other way.

Seeing Jenkins ignorance on Twitter just reminds me how fragile that balance can get.

Athos

Legend
Hell yea. Put him under Britt's wing like Quick and hell, I'd almost say keep him attached to Chris Long as his character understudy. Or JL55. Two most stand up character guys on our team imo.

But, he's not going to last to the 2nd round.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hell yea. Put him under Britt's wing like Quick and hell, I'd almost say keep him attached to Chris Long as his character understudy. Or JL55. Two most stand up character guys on our team imo.

But, he's not going to last to the 2nd round.

I agree that I doubt he lasts until the Rams 2nd Round pick but I do think it is possible.

Big Willie

Starter
A few weeks ago I would have said yes, but the more I hear about him, the less I like him as a potential number 1 WR. Quick, Britt, Bailey are all number 2s in my book....why add another number 2; especially one that has potential bust written all over him ( problems with weed, attitude, raw routing running skills, etc.)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, yes, and YES!!

Jenkins had FAR worse character concerns, and if the worst thing he's done is say stupid stuff on twitter, Fisher is a miracle worker!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If everything checks out and we take an offensive tackle first? Yes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
In the third maybe. Not touching him in the first or second.

jjab360

Legend
Yes, yes, and YES!!

Jenkins had FAR worse character concerns, and if the worst thing he's done is say stupid stuff on twitter, Fisher is a miracle worker!
DGB's done a lot more than say stupid stuff on twitter..

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DGB's done a lot more than say stupid stuff on twitter..

If character turns up clean, then you have one of the top five most talented players in this draft class in the second round. And Jenkins did just as much as DGB in college, if not worse.