Dez Bryant and Monkey-Gate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DenverRam

Starter
giphy.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I freaking love wolves, have a tattoo of one, and want to get another one on the same arm, but that doesn't mean that I keep one as a pet.
There are lots of wolf-dogs up in Asheville that people have as pets. Not *real* wolves, mind you, but a cross between a wolf and some other breed of dog. First time I saw one walking with its owner downtown, I stopped in my tracks and almost reversed direction. Those things look exactly like a wolf. Same size, same face, same fur color, same blue eyes, etc. Turns out they're really docile, but people buy them for "protection" of their property and whatnot. Then when they realize they're not cold-blooded killers, they give them back up for adoption. I'm getting one eventually.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There are lots of wolf-dogs up in Asheville that people have as pets. Not *real* wolves, mind you, but a cross between a wolf and some other breed of dog. First time I saw one walking with its owner downtown, I stopped in my tracks and almost reversed direction. Those things look exactly like a wolf. Same size, same face, same fur color, same blue eyes, etc. Turns out they're really docile, but people buy them for "protection" of their property and whatnot. Then when they realize they're not cold-blooded killers, they give them back up for adoption. I'm getting one eventually.

I watched or read an article on those. Apparently, many of them turn out to be more like a wolf than a dog. Scary stories were included.

I'd make sure and adopt one that has a dog stamp of approval on it and not buy a pup. I think I remember the story saying that they have better luck with the cross breads that have been breed with dogs a few times down the line... so there's a smaller percentage of wolf than 30%.

Those are some big animals. Very cool looking.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adopted one I found in a dog pound in San Jose, CA in 1986. She was a Malamute/Wolf mix and I called her Samantha. She was around 120 lbs and had a tongue with dark purple streaks in it.

She came to my rescue twice; once in front of my house in San Jose and another time outside a hotel in Nebraska while we were traveling to Cumberland, MD. These were incidents were people had bad intentions towards me. Both times they ran for their lives, lol.

Sammy lived to be 11 and died one night on the living room floor in March 1997 while I was asleep. Best dog I ever had. I still miss her every day.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
That's what little sisters are for.
unfortunately or fortunately I only have four older brothers, did not pull my hair, but did have the occasional fights, thank God for a collie I had from a puppy. Once it was grown it would not let them touch me that it is when it was around those situations.:boxing: