Dewey's ONE WEEK TO GO excitement mock draft of wonders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Muahahaha. Mock season, it's delicious. One more before my final final the day before the draft.

Now, I'm assuming that no more signings take place between now and next week, and I'm gonna roll on a trade down, because I like trade downs.

I'll go with the popular theory of KC trading to #10 for White or Parker, Rams get back #18 and #49

#18 - DJ Humphries, T/G, Florida - One of the few tackle prospects who can legitimately be a tackle in the NFL, but also projects well as a guard, the Rams have had him in for a visit. Could start and succeed right away at G or RT.

#41 - Bernardrick McKinney, LB, Miss. State - Seems to be a lot of buzz around Rams and linebackers of late, and lots of reports that they're high on McKinney. Could play SLB to start, take over for JL next year and rotate with both JL and Ayers depending on the formation. Has met with the Rams.

#49 - Ali Marpet, OL, Hobart - Huge upside, can play anywhere on the line, and either steps in and wins a starting gig at G or C immediately or provides hugely invaluable depth and injury insurance out of the chute. Has met with the Rams.

#72 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - Fisher has stated he intends to take a QB, and there's only so many legitimate ones in this draft. We've had Petty in for a visit, there's been reports that the team likes him, and it's a good landing spot for a guy with good physical talents who needs at least a year to get up to speed with NFL terminology, plays, speed, etc.

#119 - Josh Shaw, S/CB, USC - Fisher's a USC guy who loves secondary players with decent size (also little ones, but that's beside the point). Shaw has upside of a decent cornerback with size, but may fit best as a ballhawking free safety to compete with McLeod, who is better against the run but not as good at playing center field.

#215 - Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan - Shamelessly stealing Walterfootball's pick here, but I really like Davis, especially after that crazy play at the end of Central Michigan's bowl game.

#228 - Connor Neighbors, FB, LSU - With Kendricks getting more involved in catching the ball under Cignetti, the Rams pick up a real FB to round out the draft. 5'10" 242, has the size you want out of a lead blocker.

This leaves us the following depth chart, more or less:

QB - Foles, Keenum, Petty
WR - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Davis
RB - Mason, Stacy, Cunningham, Reynolds
FB - Neighbors
TE - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Bayer, Cunningham
OT - Robinson, Humphries, Washington, Reynolds
OG - Saffold, Marpet
C - Jones, Rhaney, Barnes

DT - Donald, Brockers, Fairley
DE - Long, Quinn, Hayes, Westbrooks, Sims
OLB - Ogletree, Ayers, McKinney
MLB - Lauranaitis, Bates
FS - McLeod, Shaw
SS - McDonald, Barron, Alexander, Davis
CB - Johnson, Jenkins, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rather have clemmings instead of Humphries and Dawson instead of McKinney but that's just personal preference. I still like this mock a lot. Love the Marpet pick. Rather not grab a QB this year but seems like it will happen and Petty is a good choice.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Like @Tron I would prefer Clemmings and Dawson but Humphries has some nice upside too. I think a 2nd round pick is high for Marpet, I know he had a nice week at the SR Bowl, but its one week. I think there are more proven guys at that spot. Petty also seems high, but then again, I am pretty anti QB this year.

Overall not bad though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@DCH I think I like the Mock most of all...Addresses all areas of need including offensive line and you included the Quarterback that IMO would be the best fit for the Rams.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Like @Tron I would prefer Clemmings and Dawson but Humphries has some nice upside too. I think a 2nd round pick is high for Marpet, I know he had a nice week at the SR Bowl, but its one week. I think there are more proven guys at that spot. Petty also seems high, but then again, I am pretty anti QB this year.

Overall not bad though.
I don't think Marpet falls to us in the 3rd but if it does happen that'd be awesome. I see him going late 2nd/early 3rd at latest. Could be horribly wrong though lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Muahahaha. Mock season, it's delicious. One more before my final final the day before the draft.

Now, I'm assuming that no more signings take place between now and next week, and I'm gonna roll on a trade down, because I like trade downs.

I'll go with the popular theory of KC trading to #10 for White or Parker, Rams get back #18 and #49

#18 - DJ Humphries, T/G, Florida - One of the few tackle prospects who can legitimately be a tackle in the NFL, but also projects well as a guard, the Rams have had him in for a visit. Could start and succeed right away at G or RT.

#41 - Bernardrick McKinney, LB, Miss. State - Seems to be a lot of buzz around Rams and linebackers of late, and lots of reports that they're high on McKinney. Could play SLB to start, take over for JL next year and rotate with both JL and Ayers depending on the formation. Has met with the Rams.

#49 - Ali Marpet, OL, Hobart - Huge upside, can play anywhere on the line, and either steps in and wins a starting gig at G or C immediately or provides hugely invaluable depth and injury insurance out of the chute. Has met with the Rams.

#72 - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor - Fisher has stated he intends to take a QB, and there's only so many legitimate ones in this draft. We've had Petty in for a visit, there's been reports that the team likes him, and it's a good landing spot for a guy with good physical talents who needs at least a year to get up to speed with NFL terminology, plays, speed, etc.

#119 - Josh Shaw, S/CB, USC - Fisher's a USC guy who loves secondary players with decent size (also little ones, but that's beside the point). Shaw has upside of a decent cornerback with size, but may fit best as a ballhawking free safety to compete with McLeod, who is better against the run but not as good at playing center field.

#215 - Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan - Shamelessly stealing Walterfootball's pick here, but I really like Davis, especially after that crazy play at the end of Central Michigan's bowl game.

#228 - Connor Neighbors, FB, LSU - With Kendricks getting more involved in catching the ball under Cignetti, the Rams pick up a real FB to round out the draft. 5'10" 242, has the size you want out of a lead blocker.

This leaves us the following depth chart, more or less:

QB - Foles, Keenum, Petty
WR - Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Davis
RB - Mason, Stacy, Cunningham, Reynolds
FB - Neighbors
TE - Cook, Kendricks, Harkey, Bayer, Cunningham
OT - Robinson, Humphries, Washington, Reynolds
OG - Saffold, Marpet
C - Jones, Rhaney, Barnes

DT - Donald, Brockers, Fairley
DE - Long, Quinn, Hayes, Westbrooks, Sims
OLB - Ogletree, Ayers, McKinney
MLB - Lauranaitis, Bates
FS - McLeod, Shaw
SS - McDonald, Barron, Alexander, Davis
CB - Johnson, Jenkins, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson
pretty good daft, I'll give it... (y)(y);)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Humphries had MCL sprains in both knees that ended one season, and ankle ending the other. He had 19 total starts... The dude is a bust in my estimation so I do not like that pick at all.

Aside from that I love the mock. Replace Humphries with multiple other options and all of a sudden it IS an exciting mock draft of wonders!

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I like this, and this is probably very similar to what will happen next week--------especially if Scherff is gone at 10. Both Marpet and Humphries need to get stronger but, they're both super-athletic olineman. Like Shaw a lot in round 4, could be the type of fs that's not on the roster now. The only thing I'd like to see different is if we could add another developmental olineman in round 5/6----I know we don't have a 5th but, that's the area where a good depth guy would be available----can't have everything though.........anyway, good job!!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Humphries had MCL sprains in both knees that ended one season, and ankle ending the other. He had 19 total starts... The dude is a bust in my estimation so I do not like that pick at all.

Aside from that I love the mock. Replace Humphries with multiple other options and all of a sudden it IS an exciting mock draft of wonders!

Plus he has had trouble maintaining his weight.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, if you really insist, I'll greenlight Flowers as the primary alternative for the first pick. Peat won't be there at 18... I don't think Collins can play RT in the NFL, and part of my liking of Humphries is that he projects as much as a tackle as anyone... so Flowers it is, then.

'Course, I didn't think Fluker or Glenn could play tackle at this level, so maybe I'm wrong about Collins.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Clemmings stress fracture in foot i read today.. fyi

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm sorry...but I really don't like this draft except for Marpet and Shaw. Marpet will be a second round pick; I can't see him falling into the third because he's probably one of the best centers in this draft. And he can play right or left guard as well. Some team is going to snap him up in the second. Shaw is a risky pick, but a good one if he pans out.

I hate Humphries at ten. As mentioned, he's always hurt, and he can't keep his weight on. Trenton Brown and Chaz Green may not be more talented prospects, but they have less of a chance to bust than Humphries - and Brown is strictly a 6'8", 358 lbs. right guard at the next level.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm sorry...but I really don't like this draft except for Marpet and Shaw. Marpet will be a second round pick; I can't see him falling into the third because he's probably one of the best centers in this draft. And he can play right or left guard as well. Some team is going to snap him up in the second. Shaw is a risky pick, but a good one if he pans out.

I hate Humphries at ten. As mentioned, he's always hurt, and he can't keep his weight on. Trenton Brown and Chaz Green may not be more talented prospects, but they have less of a chance to bust than Humphries - and Brown is strictly a 6'8", 358 lbs. right guard at the next level.

Humphries is taken at #18 after the trade down which gets us the extra 2nd that got us Marpet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Humphries is taken at #18 after the trade down which gets us the extra 2nd that got us Marpet.

Even eighteen is way too damn high for my liking. And when White might be on the board at ten? No thanks. You take your chances with Marpet over McKinney and try to find other values for the offensive line instead of a linebacker.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Even eighteen is way too damn high for my liking. And when White might be on the board at ten? No thanks. You take your chances with Marpet over McKinney and try to find other values for the offensive line instead of a linebacker.

I agree if white is on board i'd be torn, but I like Cooper more than White or Parker so im biased. I am also not a fan of taking Humphries till the late 1st. I would take Marpet with our 2nd and grab dawson with KC's. just my 2 cents.