Dewey Mock Offseason (WAY too early edition)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Keep the coaching staff intact. Not a huge Schottenheimer fan, but this coaching staff will live or die together, now that Fisher has all "his" guys in place.

Extend Bradford on a 3-year deal with very little guaranteed money in year 2 and none in year 3, but a lot of incentive-based upside.

Re-sign Barksdale, Barnes, Harkey, McLeod, Person, Britt.

Cut Long, Wells, Joseph (I know he's FA, re-sign him so you can cut his ass).

Sign Adrian Clayborn, Blaine Gabbert (yes, really) and Brian De La Puente

Draft:
#10 - Ereck Flowers, OT
#42 - Reese Dismukes, C
#74 - Zac Prescott, QB
#106 - Eric Striker, OLB

And trade the rest of the picks for cheese balls, or whatever, I don't know. After this point, I'm not at all informed on prospects. Some would argue up to this point, but whatever.

Starters in 2015:

QB - Bradford
LT - Robinson
LG - Barksdale (!)
C - Dismukes
RG - Saffold
RT - Flowers
HB - Mason
WR1 - Britt
WR2 - Quick
WR3 - Bailey
Gadget - Austin
TE - Cook/Harkey

UT - Donald
NT - Brockers
RDE - Quinn
LDE - Long
OLB - Ogletree
OLB - Striker
MLB - Lauranaitis
FS - McLeod/Joyner
SS - McDonald
KS* - Barron
CB1 - Jenkins
CB2 - Gaines
CB3 - Johnson

*KS = "Kill Safety" because I don't have a better name for it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think to keep Bradford you need to go 2 years 20m all guaranteed. No reason for him to take any less and why would he? I do like Flowers, probably more than most but at 10 you have Scherff, Clemmings and Collins who are all better. I really like Dismukes but that could be a little early for him. There are some really good C's you can get in the 3rd to 6th range that may provide more value like Grasu 3rd, Gallik 3rd, Finney, 4th, Jake Smith 5th etc.

Rams0307

Not a fan of Dak Prescott. I don't see him being anything more than a backup in the NFL. Much rather have Grayson or Mannion.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think to keep Bradford you need to go 2 years 20m all guaranteed. No reason for him to take any less and why would he? I do like Flowers, probably more than most but at 10 you have Scherff, Clemmings and Collins who are all better. I really like Dismukes but that could be a little early for him. There are some really good C's you can get in the 3rd to 6th range that may provide more value like Grasu 3rd, Gallik 3rd, Finney, 4th, Jake Smith 5th etc.
Center wise, I'm not really agreeing with your statement. We all laughed at Dallas for taking Frederick way too high a couple years ago, but it's hard to argue with the results. I'd do the same for the top center in this draft, be it Dismukes, Grasu or that center/tackle/guard out of Florida State (Erving I think).

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Center wise, I'm not really agreeing with your statement. We all laughed at Dallas for taking Frederick way too high a couple years ago, but it's hard to argue with the results. I'd do the same for the top center in this draft, be it Dismukes, Grasu or that center/tackle/guard out of Florida State (Erving I think).

Not laughing at the pick, I like Dismukes a lot. Just saying value wise there are a few good centers later in the draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not a fan of Flowers, Dak Prescott and less of a fan of Blaine Gabbert who is Kyle Boller 2.0....This off season would have me going mad unless you include more cheese balls.
SERENITY-NOW-T-Shirts.jpg

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If the Rams drafted Flowers in the top ten - especially over Stanley, Clemmings, or Peat - they'd be causing the biggest mass suicide since Jim Jones' cult. Flowers is a second round prospect, is strictly a right tackle, and is more raw than a bloody animal carcass. I have no idea why people keep mocking him to us in the first. In fact, I wouldn't even take Flowers in the second; I'd rather have Sambrailo or Drango. At least they have the versatility to play guard.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I gotta echo the sentiment of others on Ereck Flowers. Sushi raw kid with all types of technique issues. I can't see him going Round 1 at this stage. He's a great physical specimen but needs a ton of development.

And please, please, please...no Blaine Gabbert.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFEzW1Z6TRM

Memphis Ram

Legend

As I recall, Fredricks played guard and center and was viewed as having the potential to play all three interior spots in the NFL. I'm not so sure the same can be said of Dismukes which is why I had him in the 3rd round of my mock draft.