Devil's Advocate; Rams Don't Need A Wr

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
(Just trying to get in the mind of Les Snead. I am a "trade down and get Watkins guy.)

Our current rotation includes Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Stedmond Bailey, Tavon Austin, and Austin Pettis.These are five quality guys who just need a strong armed QB who has more than 2.75 seconds to get them the ball. Now that the Rams have a running game, defenses can't crowd the passing lanes with safeties over the top anymore. The emergence of Zac Stacy and "Bam-Bam" will open up those passing lanes that were previously smothered due to our early one demensionsal approach. Adding another WR would crowd our core and would eventually lead to us letting go of a WR that deserves to stay (Pettis.) Now let's focus on actual needs and quit dreaming about the reincarnation of the GSOT, that will never be this offense.

We have TRUE needs at both OG spots, without Saffold that is, potentially center, and FS. These holes are too glaring to ignore by the act of us taking a first round WR. Not to mention we can't get anybody of quality with our backs up against the cap. Quick will be our #1 if we will just be a little more patient. His time to shine starts now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agree completely.

We need receivers who don't drop the ball a hell of a lot, can this group do that? I know Stedman can, anyone else?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The offense we ran from Carolina on is fine with the WRs we have. With Sam back the close games turn into wins (obviously not all of them, but the games like Sea @ home do).

We need to upgrade the line, and get a back that can share the load with Stacy. This could be Bam Bam, as long has he gets his fumbles down.

F. Mulder

Starter
I've been clamoring for play makers across the board for seemingly ages now and am always intrigued about someone like Watkins. With that said, I think they don't go WR high, and assuming the trade(s) down go a different direction. I COULD see them going WR if a highly rated one fell (ala K. Allen from last year) or if they took a WR later but I just don't see them going WR early with so many holes at OL and DB. Not saying that's what I want but I would be surprised if they went WR in the 1st round unless they were able to do so by having additional picks in rounds 1-2 where they can still go OL/DB. Just my .02

nighttrain

Legend
I'm with the OP, it's a want, not a need. OL an Outside backer, and some quality at Safety and CB
train