Developer Purchases Land Near L.A. Stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Last time I was in Inglewood I thought it would a great place to have a gated community. To keep people in.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Lol that was my
How in the heck do you fit 228 homes on 18 acres????

That was my question . Granted they're talking condos but that's still a lot. Must be 4 or 5 story condo buildings.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol that was my

That was my question . Granted they're talking condos but that's still a lot. Must be 4 or 5 story condo buildings.

Yeah i was thinking like loft units???.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
How in the heck do you fit 228 homes on 18 acres????

I would assume it's going to be "zero lot line" housing, or zero lot line condos or whatever. That's what my wife, who was in real estate at the time, called it when they built a bunch of homes with less than 3 feet in between them near where we lived. It's really popular in the Bay area where I'm originally from. No side yards and like 6 get off front yard. I think it's an abomination, but if you hate yard work...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.google.com/amp/la.curbe...grace-park-new-homes-development-rams-stadium

Strictly gated community. Talk about expansions, this is huge for this developer yet not so much for the nearby neighborhoods. I can see good, but I can see bad. After this stadium is built Inglewood is going to be a different place.
They're going to Build 328 Condo's on 18 acres, Talk about stacking them in there!
Condo's have always struck me as Glorified Apartments, only instead of paying rent you own it. And you are required to pay up-keep fee's on the surrounding grounds!
JMHO, but this is a Rip-Off!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Out of curiosity, how many acres is your homestead?

60 acres right now and trying to wrestle 7 more away from my neighbor Grady Southwell which is taking forever. I would love 100 but prices are out of control now - Like 3x what I paid in 2008 when the economy took a dump. I recently read Dripping Springs is in the top 10 fastest growing cities in America , i think because we are just so close to Austin and are officially Hill Country. So i'm priced out of my own neighborhood now and will have to head farther West for more space. 60 acres is huge, but you'd be surprised how well you get to know it and how much more land you start feinding for just living on larger acreage