Devaney Talks About Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Hearing that was twofold for me. Him pumping up his own pick, or him just pointing out what many people see in Bradford?

If you judge Sam on the "eyeball" test he looks better than his stats would suggest. IMO. Guess I pick option two.

PhxRam

[parsehtml]
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="strobeMediaPlayback" data="http://a.espncdn.com/i/espnradio/11/player/swf/stable/EspnRadioPlayer.OnDemand.swf" width="470" height="52" id="strobeMediaPlayback" style="visibility: visible;">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="flashvars" value="streamProtocol=akamai&src=http://c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/2085560/herdaudio_2014-02-19-124000.48b.mp3?ad_params=zones%3DPreroll%2CMidroll%2CPostroll%7Cstation_id%3D664&sid=undefined&streamType=recorded&autoPlay=false&bufferTime=10&width=470&height=52&verbose=true&mp3Duration=665&controlBarAutoHide=false&controlBarPosition=bottom&skin=http://a.espncdn.com/i/espnradio/11/player/skin/espnradio.xml&javascriptCallbackFunction=espnradio.flashplayerapi.func.init&csmaPluginPath=http://79423.analytics.edgesuite.net/csma/plugin/csma.swf&csmaBeaconPath=http://ma123-c.analytics.edgesuite.net/config/beacon-1355.xml&plugin_AkamaiAdvancedStreamingPlugin=http://players.edgesuite.net/flash/plugins/osmf/advanced-streaming-plugin/v2.11/osmf2.0/AkamaiAdvancedStreamingPlugin.swf"/>
</object>[/parsehtml]

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This isn't the podcast that the OP posted. I played with this thing forever, then realized that it was another podcast.

The original one is much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

RFIP

Former Rams GM discusses different topics but just LISTEN to what he says about drafting Bardford over Suh, what he thinks of Sam NOW and how good (GREAT) he will be. Oh, and how HE failed Bradford by never getting him a top end wr.

Very interesting listen as we approcah "the Watkins" draft...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10483873&s=espn

Last edited by a moderator:

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano

He starts talking about sam around the 4 minute mark...

talks about drafting him and why he hasn't lived up to expectations.

Come on Rams Fans. Sam Bradford was on his way statistically to be a top 5 quarterback this year before he was injured - 4200 yds/34 Tds/10 picks (calculated from him 6.5 games played). Except for year 2 (horrible roster/horrible protection) he has shown major progress each year if not interupted by injury. He may never be a Rogers/Brees/Manning but when making comparisons you must look at age. He is only 26. Give him a run game, protection and a number 1 receiver and we should see Sam performing at a very high level (again barring injury). If he were 29 or not progressing yearly - then it would be time to draft another qb with a high pick but ain't no way we are going to draft anyone and have them as good as Sam for the next 2 - 3 years. Draft wise/be smart with FAs and give him another year. Rams fans deserve a playoff team in the next 2 years and Sam is our best option.

PhxRam

Come on Rams Fans. Sam Bradford was on his way statistically to be a top 5 quarterback this year before he was injured - 4200 yds/34 Tds/10 picks (calculated from him 6.5 games played). Except for year 2 (horrible roster/horrible protection) he has shown major progress each year if not interupted by injury. He may never be a Rogers/Brees/Manning but when making comparisons you must look at age. He is only 26. Give him a run game, protection and a number 1 receiver and we should see Sam performing at a very high level (again barring injury). If he were 29 or not progressing yearly - then it would be time to draft another qb with a high pick but ain't no way we are going to draft anyone and have them as good as Sam for the next 2 - 3 years. Draft wise/be smart with FAs and give him another year. Rams fans deserve a playoff team in the next 2 years and Sam is our best option.

Book it Danno.

PhxRam

BTW.. welcome to the board.

With that kind of attitude you are going to fit in nicely here.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think he won't be good as he could have been after the 2011 beating... but he still could be very good.

All cutting him would do is regress us and let some other team prosper because of our mistake.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey you don't have to tell me, I'm the biggest Sam Homer here. Devaney was absolutely glowing about Sam, pretty much echoed the thoughts the majority hold in this forum.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hearing that was twofold for me. Him pumping up his own pick, or him just pointing out what many people see in Bradford?

If you judge Sam on the "eyeball" test he looks better than his stats would suggest. IMO. Guess I pick option two.
I thought he actually admitted that they didn't do what was needed to allow Sam to be successful. Like when he talked about trying to get him a big time receiver.

jjab360

Legend
Ahhh, how fun and carefree it is to be a ROD poster. Please don't ever leave this place, your eyes will melt out of your skull from having to read the BS that people post on other Rams forums.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I thought he actually admitted that they didn't do what was needed to allow Sam to be successful. Like when he talked about trying to get him a big time receiver.
Devaney has always been extremely honest, and I don't think he was disingenuous in any of these interviews. Good listens.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I definitely don't think Devaney was the best GM, but he'll always have my respect as a person. He never shied away from anything, and I have no doubt in my mind he did everything in his power to make the Rams relevant again. He was never bitter about getting fired, or towards hostile fans. He's a class act in my book.

While I may not have agreed with some of his decisions, I'm happy he has a job again in the league.