Detroit had an inelligible man downfield on TD play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
Yamahopper said:
Yeah the replacement refs suck> than the reg. Refs.

Here what has to be done. We have the veteran coaches right? They need to hit the film room to find out what crew will call which penalties. Exploit the Refs ineptness by coach our players to take advantage of it.

Sounds strange? Betcha Belicheat and a dozen other coaches are doing it.
I have noticed it in coverage, and by o-lineman.

We had the same ref with the ill fitting hat and some of the same crew.in the preseason. Almost the same penalties. Long and Quinn gets held at will, only calls are on the guards. No pass interference. Yeah
they got that horse collar on Dahl right.
Quinn and Long are neutralized with these ref's. Have to blitz more and take press coverage over the limit. Only obvious personal fouls get called. Against the skins Hunter and BRich just need to keep their hands inside and grab a hold. Under these rules a T should never give up a sack.
This refs are like junior college refs, you can get away with about anything. All the Refs wants to do is keep it simple.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
For the Rams every little thing matters. It will continue to matter all season because they have to do so many things right just to get a win. The clock thing; Fletcher's almost INT; a penalty that could have given the Rams a first down instead goes against them for 3rd and 8.

Dominant teams can shrug off the occasional bad break ... not that the dominant teams get many bad breaks in the first place.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I saw the highlights of the game yesterday and saw that lineman step past the line of scrimmage when Smith ran his route. That should have been called ineligible man down field, but a little too late for that. That's what confused Dunbar....

I am happy for how we fought yesterday to play against a playoff team of their caliber, but at the same time disappointed because we should have won that game. To me they looked like they were running a 3-2-6 defense. Wish we created more pressure on Stafford instead of sitting back waiting with that prevent defense.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Iron Lion said:
Yamahopper said:
We had the same ref with the ill fitting hat and some of the same crew.in the preseason.

Doesn't he totally look like Cuba Gooding Jr?

Yes he does I never thought of that comparison.
I was thinking a grown up Willis from Different Strokes.