Detailed Report from the Demoff Rams Fans Dinner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Wow. This was the best article I've read on the Rams in a long time. Glad to read this guy is a serious football guy. I guess I should have known that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Said that the ejection from the Carolina game of Chris Long was wrong, because reviews of game tapes revealed no punch being thrown by Long, and the league rescinded their fine of him for the ejection. He then criticized the league for having the same crew work a Ram game 4 weeks later and that the Rams players he felt were at times hampered by unfair officiating.

Yes. The crew's lead official is named Bill Vinovich. Or Bill Vinodouche as I call him. He allowed Carolina to get away with instigating multiple fights and called it completely one-sided in terms of personal fouls then ejected Long when Steve Smith committed far more egregious offenses during the fight. Then he ended up reffing the St. Louis-San Francisco game 6 or so weeks later where he again screwed us on a number of personal fouls by not calling it both ways and allowing San Francisco to basically do whatever they wanted to in that game. Him and Jerome Boger should be fired.

He said that he wouldn’t be surprised to see the Rams draft a back up QB in the 2nd round or 3rd round. Says that Rams have 9 draft picks and the coaches recently returned from the Senior Bowl and are beginning to prepare for free agency and the draft.

Interesting.

Demoff said he can look up and has access to every player contract in the NFL. Says it helps him access salaries and bonuses.

Yea, I've seen the database they use for this, it's pretty awesome. It really helps with creating market valuation data.

Made interesting comments about the Rams 2nd round pick of Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffrey in Fisher/Sneads first draft. Said that Jeffrey left South Carolina after his Junior year with the reputation that he “took plays off”. Jeffrey came to the combine about 30 lbs overweight. These were all contributing factors. Says that Jeffrey really emerged in the 2nd half of the season when he figured out how to outjump opponents and utilize his skill set better. Made interesting comments about Janoris Jenkins matching up with Jeffrey in an SEC game before Jenkins transferred (from Florida) to finish his collegiate career at North Alabama. Said that Jenkins knocked Jeffrey to the ground and got into a fight with him then held Jeffrey to 2 catches for little yardage. Said that Fisher viewed the game tape and that was when he decided he wanted to draft Jenkins.

I have the utmost respect for Kevin but I'm going to be a bit of a know-it-all for a minute here. Jeffery played his junior year about 20 pounds overweight would be my guess(he plays in the NFL around 220 would be my estimation and he played his junior year at 240...again, a guess). However, he showed up to the combine at 213. He was not 30 pounds overweight.

As far as taking plays off, again, I never really bought into that. I saw him play every single game of his career...quite a few of them in person. And I never saw the guy dogging it. Said it back then.

Janoris did do a great job on Alshon. As I recall, Alshon had like 4 catches for 37 yards in that game and not all came against Janoris. Although he did go up over Janoris on one play where Janoris interfered with him and they got into a small scuffle on the sideline. But Jenkins was very impressive in that game. He was great at UF. He played so much bigger than he was and really did a nice job of slowing/shutting down guys like Alshon, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Randall Cobb, etc.

Says that Stedman Baily really opened some eyes with his play this year and will emerge as one of the teams top receivers going into 2014. Also says Tavon Austin was utilized better in the 2nd half of the season before he was hurt and is fine going into next season.

I feel the same way about Bailey.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
There are a lot of QB thirsty teams. I doubt Carr makes it to the 2-3 round.

That was just a mustered up list of the projected next best grouping of QB's some mocks have Carr going to the Vikings @#8 first round. if the Rams use a 2nd round pick on a QB it will most likely be a reach like the rest.

I would hate to think that the Rams are that thirsty to overreach with any of the top rare priceless draft picks. In some ways if they feel that thirsty then take a QB early if he begins to drop in the first round lets say Ted does a drop out of the top 10 and you are looking at him @ #13 where you know ted offers up great value there then ....take him but please don't just trash a pick to overreach for QB once the run starts on that second grouping.

If the Rams need one get a good one at a good rate.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Now your talkin draft a QB to press Sam for his job is a win-win for the team.
Not sure where you get this. I read "He says the Rams are committed to Sam" and that the team "may select a back up". Nothing to see here.