Desean Jackson visiting the Skins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Someone needs to convince the Skins that they need to trade up for Manziel, as insurance for rg3.
I hope RG3 and the Redskins suck balls this year. I've got a special kind of hatred for RG3 and God, I hate that team.

jjab360

Legend
Cool, glad he's not in the NFC West, he would've became a Ram killer.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If he indeeds signs, contract exceeds Garçon's? Also does that give WAS a boost 4RG3ME or is it a highly risky move with tied up guaranteed money, team chemistry and "good behavior" for DJ10?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10713327/desean-jackson-agrees-washington-redskins

Former Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has agreed with the Washington Redskins. Jackson will join Washington on a three-year deal, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal is worth $24 million, including $16 million guaranteed, sources told Schefter.

Jackson's addition seemed to be a certainty ever since he arrived in northern Virginia late Monday afternoon. He dined with Redskins coaches Monday night, went out with Redskins players Pierre Garcon and DeAngelo Hall later that night and met with team officials Tuesday.

Both players had publicly stated their desire for Jackson to join the Redskins, as had quarterbackRobert Griffin III.

"Very exciting player. Determined to show he is the best and hungry to win. My kinda guy," Griffin told ESPN's Britt McHenry.

Griffin also took to Twitter to welcome Jackson to D.C. and to the team's receiving corps.

"Looks like we won that fight from earlier ha ha @AndreRoberts @PierreGarcon & others have a new member of the family," the quarterback tweeted.

The Redskins will pair him with a first-time head coach in Jay Gruden. But Gruden worked in Cincinnati with Marvin Lewis, who coaxed production out of players with questionable issues such as cornerback Adam Jones and running back Cedric Benson. Gruden was there with both players.

Jackson gives the Redskins a dynamic playmaker, something they have not had in some time. Jackson has averaged 17.2 yards per catch in his career. The Redskins haven't had a receiver average more than 17.0 yards per catch with at least 50 receptions since Santana Mossin 2005.

No other receiver with that many catches has even hit 15.0 per catch. Only two receivers since 2008 have averaged more yards per catch -- Vincent Jacksonand Malcolm Floyd. Since 2008, no player has more receptions of at least 40 yards than Jackson (35), and only Mike Wallace (21) has as many TD catches of at least 30 yards during that same period.

Jackson is coming off an 82-catch, 1,332-yard season and nine touchdowns. It tied a career high in touchdowns and established a new one for yards. According to Elias, no player has ever switched teams within the same division after a season with 80+ receptions for 1,200 yards or more.

Stretching The Field
Players with the most receptions of 40 yards or more since DeSean Jackson entered the NFL in 2008:

DeSean Jackson35
Calvin Johnson34
Mike Wallace32
Andre Johnson29
Vincent Jackson27

But the Eagles did not release him because of his production. According to reports, they were displeased with his attitude and demeanor, and they did not view him as a good fit in the culture that coach Chip Kelly wants to build.

A story on NJ.com discussed alleged gang connections -- shortly before his release on Friday.

But Jackson issued a statement later that day rebutting that charge: "I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values.

"I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true. I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Just read SI extra that Jackson was contacted by the whiners ! Sure hoping the skins deal's too good to pass up! Hate the whiners!