Denver Oc Gase Not Interviewing In Cle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Good news IMO. This leaves SEA DC Dan Quinn as the front runner. Hopefully this weakens the SheCocks to some degree.

The Cleveland Browns won't need to wait around for Adam Gase.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator thanked the team for their interest, but made it clear that he plans to withdraw his name from consideration in order to focus on a Peyton Manning-led squad preparing to play inSuper Bowl XLVIII, according to a source informed of Gase's thinking.

We saw this one coming from a mile away. Rapoport has said for weeks that Gase would need a perfect situation to pry him away from Denver. Just 35, theBroncos play-caller is one of the hottest young coordinators around, but another year working with Manning should position him well for the job of his choice down the road.

It's an unsettling development for the Browns, widely believed to have fallen hard for Gase while also showing interest in Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Buffalo Bills defensive play-caller Mike Pettine. Quinn has shown "mutual interest,"while Rapoport noted that Pettine will meet with Cleveland's decision-makers for a second interview this week.

We still wouldn't be surprised to see another mystery candidate emerge from the haze of this search, but if that doesn't happen, the Browns -- long believed to be seeking an offensive-minded innovator -- might wind up with a coach from the other side of the ball.

Stay tuned, Cleveland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...dam-gase-pulls-out-of-cleveland-browns-search

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow. Nobody wants that job. Lol Cleveland. They probably fired the best coach (Chud) they could hope for now. Lol.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I am a Rams fan. Period. That being said if I were to pay attention to another team, Cleveland would be it. I just can't wrap my brains around how dysfunctional that front office is. Haslam being investigated by the FBI, Banner being a general sort of scum bag and Lombardi being one of the worst talent evaluators in the NFL. I feel for that fan base that has known nothing but misery for several years.

They've still got a talented defensive unit, and plenty of talent on the O-line (assuming they can keep Alex Mack), the only thing that should scare away a HC would be that nightmare front office.

RamEERS

Pastor
looks like they'll have to hire from within... nobody wants the HC job after their last one got fired after one season with injuries... nobody wants a lame duck coaching job where they might be there for one year... Gase is smart, he'll stay in denver where his job is safe

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've never seen so many potential first time HCs pass up a job. These guys may never get another chance, and they would rather risk that, then work under Lombardi.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I am a Rams fan. Period. That being said if I were to pay attention to another team, Cleveland would be it. I just can't wrap my brains around how dysfunctional that front office is. Haslam being investigated by the FBI, Banner being a general sort of scum bag and Lombardi being one of the worst talent evaluators in the NFL. I feel for that fan base that has known nothing but misery for several years.

They've still got a talented defensive unit, and plenty of talent on the O-line (assuming they can keep Alex Mack), the only thing that should scare away a HC would be that nightmare front office.
You're now seeing why they refer to that part of the country as the Thug Belt.