Denver cuts S TJ Ward/Signs with Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would bring him in, as I think he's an upgrade over Joyner @ FS.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wouldn't mind taking a look at him if he doesn't jeopardize negotiations with Donald, he's familiar with Wade Phillip's scheme so that's a plus.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd love to bring him in, but i think it's unlikely we sign him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
My guess is TJ Ward would love to play here.

But until we lock up Donald, I doubt we could sign him... If Demoff can get both done though, he's a wizard.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Speak this into existence!!

Not sold on Joyner at safety anymore, and we could use him on dime sets. I don't think he has done enough to merit high priority on our resignings next off-season.

Ward and Alexander would be some serious BOOM sticks!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Make it a 2 or 3 year deal, with an option since he likely may want to to be a FA next year, essentially making it a one year deal. So you push the guaranteed money into next year so you can push the cap hit, just would have a lot of dead money if he moves on in 2018. I would think that is doable

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sign him up, and let the rest of the pass catchers in our DIV get their tickets to BOOM TOWN in Hollywood

TexasRam

Legend
If we had cap room this deal was done already for TJ Ward. Knows Wades system and brings pro bowls and super bowl experience with him. 30 years old.

Money would have to be defered.

Problem is he's gonna be able to get a big contract somewhere else compared to what we offer. Carolina and Pittsburg looking at him.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
If we had cap room this deal was done already for TJ Ward. Knows Wades system and brings pro bowls and super bowl experience with him. 30 years old.

Money would have to be defered.

Problem is he's gonna be able to get a big contract somewhere else compared to what we offer. Carolina and Pittsburg looking at him.
gotta thing Pitt has inside track
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Ward signed with the Bucs.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well this blow goats

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd have loved to see him come here - but we have cap issues as it is. I'd rather have AD, Watkins, and Tree inked to extensions.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...gets-one-year-5-million-deal-from-buccaneers/

Report: T.J. Ward gets one-year, $5 million deal from Buccaneers
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 3, 2017

623039806-e1504436473598.jpg

Getty Images

The Broncos cut safety T.J. Ward because they didn’t want to pay his $4.5 million base salary this season. But immediately after Ward was released, the Buccaneers called him with a better offer.

Josina Anderson of ESPN reports that Ward’s deal with the Buccaneers is for one year and $5 million. So the 30-year-old Ward will come out ahead.

Broncos front office boss John Elway said the team didn’t ask Ward to take a pay cut. That may have been because they knew the market would pay Ward more than the Broncos wanted to.

Ward will have a week to get up to speed in Tampa before their Week One matchup against the Dolphins.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd have loved to see him come here - but we have cap issues as it is. I'd rather have AD, Watkins, and Tree inked to extensions.

Yep. We can't sign everyone.

Working an NFL roster is one calculation after another. Young players on "cheap deals"... extending vets... projecting one contract expiring and the requirement for new contracts elsewhere. Tough job.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Horse face outsmarted himself again. Justin Simmons is not a reliable replacement for Ward. It seems teammates are not happy with this move either.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Rams did not have cap space again to sign Ward, but Wade has said the likes the talent in the secondary. Since no additions have happened, taking him at his word. Good news.

bdfitz

UDFA
If we had the cap we'd have Ward. He went to a warm weather team with a good young QB. Here, he would have eased the pain of not having AD. On that note, if AD holds out until his contract takes on another year (game 9) he can sit all year unless he honors his contract.