Denver Broncos vs St Louis Rams 9/4/2000 WK 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great Game really thought Mike Martz was going to be to the Rams what Joe Gibbs was to the Redskins, it's too bad it did not work out that way.

I realized the defense was going to be a concern all year and I determined that in preseason (that year). Martz made a mistake letting John Bunting go and putting Giunta be in total control the defense. Bunting motivated the troops where it Giunta's scheme, but letting Bunting go was not in the Rams best interest.

Martz wanted to bring in his friend for linebacker coach Mike Haluchak and did not want co-defensive coordinators, well, Martz chose the wrong one just like after getting lucky with Lovie Smith (because he wanted Larry Marmie back then too but Cardinals would not grant permission) and then hiring Larry "Clueless" Marmie.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You had to bring up Marmie....fuck that name irks me

tempests

Hall of Fame
That was a crazy game.....three receivers went over 100 yards....and K Warner threw TD passes on three consecutive pass attempts (not the first time he did that either).

Moostache

Rookie
"They don't need a football...they need a baton!...or a checkered flag!"

Best Dennis Miller (announcer) quote of that failed experiment...
Funny how they talk about the crowd noise and the intensity of the fans when the team is winning and playing exciting football...
That tape should be exhibit A for why St. Louis IS and always has been an "NFL market".

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'll never forget that play (at around 1:58) where Hakim and Holt both went down to the endzone untouched.

jap

Legend
One of the prime keys to Denver's offensive good play in that contest was that our former strong safety, Billy Jenkins, had defected to Denver, and he knew some of the Horns' offensive calls/plays and was relaying that info to Denver head coach, Mike Shanahan. So Shanahan wasn't really the genius the commentators were making him out to be at all.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jap mentioning only one reason:
One of the prime keys to Denver's offensive good play in that contest was that our former strong safety, Billy Jenkins, had defected to Denver, and he knew some of the Horns' offensive calls/plays and was relaying that info to Denver head coach, Mike Shanahan.
That and the fact that our D fell apart completely and we almost didn't even make the playoffs despite our awesome O because of it.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
The first NFL game I ever saw, naturally I was hooked on the horns forever. Part of me seriously regrets not fully understanding the greatness of what I was seeing. Thanks for the nostalgia