Denial

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Does the NFL really think their fans have watched the replay of the Inaccurate Reception, been told multiple times by different media outlets how awful the call was, and expect people NOT to think of them as bald faced liars when they say the correct call was made?

Does Pete Carroll even care what the truth is?

Does Golden Taint understand what Offensive Pass Interference is?

What does denial really do for any of these bozos? Besides raise clown music in one's head?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
Does the NFL really think their fans have watched the replay of the Inaccurate Reception, been told multiple times by different media outlets how awful the call was, and expect people NOT to think of them as bald faced liars when they say the correct call was made?
One technique of propaganda is called Ad nauseam, where tireless repetition of an idea is used. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach works best when media sources are limited or controlled by the propagator (ie NFLN & NFL controlled sportswriters).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
One technique of propaganda is called Ad nauseam, where tireless repetition of an idea is used. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach works best when media sources are limited or controlled by the propagator (ie NFLN & NFL controlled sportswriters).

That works if you can control a major portion of the information sources, but unfortunately for the NFL, they don't and the majority of media is pissed off. The NFL really needs to settle this lock out in a bad way. In some ways I understand where the NFL is coming from on this issue. They don't think it's fair that most NFL employees get 401k and part time employees get full benefits, but this is starting to get ugly.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:

Yeah some posters do that too :shifty:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was comforted once Pete confirmed that the correct call was made. His credibility level is only topped by Commandant Goodell.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
I was comforted once Pete confirmed that the correct call was made. His credibility level is only topped by Commandant Goodell.
What is it about that dude that makes us crazy? Is it his stupid Goober face? His personality? Both?
I swear, when I saw him pumping his fists and running around the field like he just scored the winning goal for Mexico, I felt nauseated. My wife laughed a little when I said (just mumbling to myself), "I would cut off my left pinky toe if one of the Packers would just straight clothes-line that douchebag right now." Then I looked over at her and she was like, "Oh ... you're not kidding are you?"

:neh: No. I hate that dude.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's no denying it X,,, Pete has that "it" factor with me too.

LOL

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Selassie I said:
What is it about that dude that makes us crazy? Is it his stupid Goober face? His personality? Both?
I swear, when I saw him pumping his fists and running around the field like he just scored the winning goal for Mexico, I felt nauseated. My wife laughed a little when I said (just mumbling to myself), "I would cut off my left pinky toe if one of the Packers would just straight clothes-line that douchebag right now." Then I looked over at her and she was like, "Oh ... you're not kidding are you?"

IMO, HCs can smile and show a bit of emotion, but jumping around like your players? Calm down. SF Harbaugh, too.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wouldn't piss on carroll if he was on fire. Would gladly piss on him otherwise however....

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
Selassie I said:

I'm undoubtedly stepping on a hornets nest here, but I have to be true to myself. I make no apology for being a USC Trojan fan, I've been one for as long as I've supported the Rams, so it's too late for me to change now.

That said, and understanding X's and a number of others distaste for Pete Carroll and USC, I must disagree about a couple of things. First of all, like it or not Carroll has done a heck of a job up in Seattle and has his team playing competitive and sound football. He's made sufficient changes at this point (including at QB) to assign this as now being "his team".

Like it or not, Carroll's conduct following the GB game was in support of his team, that's it, pure and simple and if given objective scrutiny, if he were the Ram coach, we would expect the same level of support. I mean, what did you expect him to do, state that his team actually lost?

Now again, understanding the distaste for Carroll, I don't expect to change any minds here, but again "objective" review of his performance both at USC and Seattle clearly indicates that he's a damn good coach, whether you happen to personally like him or not and so far he's outperformed most of his division competition to date.

Lastly, like everyone else here, there's no doubt in my mind that GB got screwed BIG TIME and I sincerely hope the Rams completely destroy the sea anenomies Sunday.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just to make a brief clarification ...

I have no dislike for USC , and I think of John Robinson as a Grandfather.

My beef is strictly with Pete The Cheat.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I'm undoubtedly stepping on a hornets nest here, but I have to be true to myself. I make no apology for being a USC Trojan fan, I've been one for as long as I've supported the Rams, so it's too late for me to change now.

That said, and understanding X's and a number of others distaste for Pete Carroll and USC, I must disagree about a couple of things. First of all, like it or not Carroll has done a heck of a job up in Seattle and has his team playing competitive and sound football. He's made sufficient changes at this point (including at QB) to assign this as now being "his team".

Like it or not, Carroll's conduct following the GB game was in support of his team, that's it, pure and simple and if given objective scrutiny, if he were the Ram coach, we would expect the same level of support. I mean, what did you expect him to do, state that his team actually lost?

Now again, understanding the distaste for Carroll, I don't expect to change any minds here, but again "objective" review of his performance both at USC and Seattle clearly indicates that he's a damn good coach, whether you happen to personally like him or not and so far he's outperformed most of his division competition to date.

Lastly, like everyone else here, there's no doubt in my mind that GB got screwed BIG TIME and I sincerely hope the Rams completely destroy the sea anenomies Sunday.
I'd still like to headbutt him in the face. :razzed:

I have no disdain for USC. I'm an ACC guy - remember? UM

I didn't dislike Erickson, Holmgren or Mora while they were over there in Seattle either, so it's not about the team or any team Petey boy was a part of prior to his appearance in this division. Has he done a good job? Sure. So has Bill Belichick, and I can't stand that asshat either. Like Selassie said, it's just a *thing* I have with him. I don't like his stupid face, his mannerisms, his girlhood charm, or his pom-pom shaking cocky personality. He's like a big dopey kid who taunts you and then runs home to his big brothers and claims sanctuary.

There's also some residual disdain for him as I recollect his being interviewed to be the Rams head coach back in the mid 90's, and he asked for all kinds of ridiculous concessions because he never really wanted the job to begin with. He was just wasting everybody's time and trying to feel like a big shot. Screw that assclown.

No offense, of course. :yeh:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Selassie I said:
Just to make a brief clarification ...

I have no dislike for USC , and I think of John Robinson as a Grandfather.

My beef is strictly with Pete The Cheat.
Yeah, John Mackay wasn't bad either :love:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
ramsince62 said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

I'd still like to headbutt him in the face. :razzed:

I have no disdain for USC. I'm an ACC guy - remember? UM

I didn't dislike Erickson, Holmgren or Mora while they were over there in Seattle either, so it's not about the team or any team Petey boy was a part of prior to his appearance in this division. Has he done a good job? Sure. So has Bill Belichick, and I can't stand that asshat either. Like Selassie said, it's just a *thing* I have with him. I don't like his stupid face, his mannerisms, his girlhood charm, or his pom-pom shaking cocky personality. He's like a big dopey kid who taunts you and then runs home to his big brothers and claims sanctuary.

There's also some residual disdain for him as I recollect his being interviewed to be the Rams head coach back in the mid 90's, and he asked for all kinds of ridiculous concessions because he never really wanted the job to begin with. He was just wasting everybody's time and trying to feel like a big shot. Screw that assclown.

No offense, of course. :yeh:
Indeed I do remember your affinity for UM and as previously stated, I didn't expect to change any minds concerning Carroll. All I was attempting to do was point out that like him or hate him, he's a pretty damn good coach and that had he have been the Ram coach and we "stole one" like Seattle did, we'd expect the same level of support he gave to his team.

I would also suggest that if you're going to head butt him (if given the opportunity), you take precaution not to do it in the presence of any of his team mates because they seem to favor him. As for that "face", I guess you'll have to take that up with his parents. :ww:
No offense taken :yeh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
I would also suggest that if you're going to head butt him (if given the opportunity), you take precaution not to do it in the presence of any of his team mates because they seem to favor him.
I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid. :boing:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Don't like Pete, and I really do think it's his face.
On a related subject, I saw a good chunk of the Whiner/Queen game, and WTF is the deal with Harbaugh?! Watched his goofy ass stomp up and down the sideline with a 'Smells like piss in my Cheerios' type look on his face, trying his damnedest to act like the nuevo Bill Cowher. Got straight under my skin.

127497286_crop_650x440.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Really? Nobody?

River?

Egypt?

Huh. I must say I'm a little disappointed.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is exactly what the media did with every facet of the replacement refs. Every call was scrutinized and made into a bigger issue than maybe it needed to be. Who is to say they made "X amount" more mistakes than the regular guys. Every single pro sports message board in the whole wide world has one thing in common. Complaints about the refs. The media played this up so much it was sort of sad. They treated the replacement refs a lot worse then they deserved. I'll bet big coin that the regular guys don't get NEARLY the crap when they return and miss holding calls and so on.

Gotta love the media.....

interference said:
Ram Quixote said: