Demoff: "That just never happened."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't know if this has been posted already, but I thought it was interesting. I wonder how it began that Spagnuolo removed "all those pictures" when he took over the HC gig.

KEVIN DEMOFF: [hil]I know it is great lore that pictures of previous players were taken down, but that just never happened.[/hil] There was one picture from the Super Bowl that disappeared before the previous regime (Spagnuolo/Devaney) started. Otherwise, all the pictures remain the same. However, the club has increased our alumni efforts over the past few years, as evidenced by Marhall Faulk and Orlando Pace joining preseason broadcast booth last year. We believe you can never do enough to welcome back former players and coaches.

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_cha ... z1vB5mxQg7

bluecoconuts

Legend
Probably just someone being stupid and wanting to cause crap. Personally, I never believed it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Probably just someone being stupid and wanting to cause crap. Personally, I never believed it.
I think I got an answer to that one.

Jimitroutboy said:
Spags made some enemies when he first took over the team. Several of the writers were mad about restrictions placed on their use of cell phones, areas of access, some of the displaced people and workers.

There was also a story that Hanifan was barred from the offices and/or floors that was only partially true. I think he was restricted from the players work out area only.

I believe that JT was the source of the photo story.

steferfootball

Starter
Who is Jimmy Trout?

Also, that story never really made sense to me.

If Jimmy trout's story is true, that is really sleazy by Jim Thomas.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It did seem like Spags took a bunch of shit from day 1. Over petty things like pictures. Then the equipment manager bullshit. How stupid was that??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. I could care less if I ever hear about "spags" again as it pertains to the Rams. Sure he was a swell guy, ....maybe even nifty, but he also steered us to 10 wins over 3 years. Hope he does well in his new gig, but why do we even discuss him anymore? Sorry, I am beyond irritated as I have been sitting on a runway for 2.5 hrs waiting for my stupid plane to take off....

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
I think I got an answer to that one.

Jimitroutboy said:
Spags made some enemies when he first took over the team. Several of the writers were mad about restrictions placed on their use of cell phones, areas of access, some of the displaced people and workers.

There was also a story that Hanifan was barred from the offices and/or floors that was only partially true. I think he was restricted from the players work out area only.

I believe that JT was the source of the photo story.
Really strange to think that JT would be nostalgic for the Shaw/Zygmunt way of doing things. Particularly since despite all their access, the PD media really had no clue who to blame for the losing.

Just speculating, but I wonder if their media contacts (Hewitt, et al) were disinformation outlets for that FO. Shaw and Zygmunt being what they were (teflon), so much of what we heard from 2002-08 was a load of contradictory crap, guaranteeing that no one person could be blamed for the personnel failures, except for the HC.

Say what you will about Devaney's and Spags' time here, but at least they allowed the crosshairs to settle on them.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Thought I posted this last night but I guess it didn't go through...anyway...

If it isn't true to any degree why wasn't it denied at the time of the accusation?

...and in any event, I don't think taking those pictures down (or not taking them down) helped to win OR lose any games.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Sum1BTRthnU said:

If it isn't true to any degree why wasn't it denied at the time of the accusation?

...and in any event, I don't think taking those pictures down (or not taking them down) helped to win OR lose any games.
If the person (JT) rumored to be spreading it is also the guy who would be reporting the denial ... well, there you go.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Ram Quixote said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

If the person (JT) rumored to be spreading it is also the guy who would be reporting the denial ... well, there you go.

I really don't believe JT would be ruining his credibility for something so trivial.

There are also many other reporters and outlets for a false report to be contested.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Ram Quixote said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I really don't believe JT would be ruining his credibility for something so trivial.

There are also many other reporters and outlets for a false report to be contested.
I do recall reading somewhere that the pictures were moved rather than taken down, but I don't recall where.

Perhaps JT did it out of loyalty. Speculating again ...

Could this have been a Hewitt thing? It's been suggested (not just by me) that Hewitt was one of those "team sources" and it's quite obvious that Todd didn't deal well with change. Maybe moving some pictures became "taking pictures down" in his words. After that, JT might not want to retract the report in so many words to avoid offending his friend and source.

As for the other PD reporters/columnists, if Hewitt was the source, the same logic follows.

steferfootball

Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Ram Quixote said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

Think about it. If he was going to make something up, it can't be too outrageous or controversial ... he'd get caught.

This way he got people mad (I have no idea why) over something trivial. If it sticks, it sticks. If not no one will even care. Heck our TO didn't even refute it till now.