Demoff Q & A from Today at Rams Park

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Demoff Q & A
Posted by: UCityGuy

The Rams hosted a lunch and Q&A with Demoff for season ticket holders before OTA's today at Rams Park. Demoff confirmed what has been reported previously that there are no discussions with anyone about a new stadium and any discussion could take quite awhile because the various stakeholders have yet to agree on the need for a new stadium, much less who would pay for it.

Demoff said the starting O-line is projected to be Jake Long -LT, Robinson-LG, Wells-C, Saffold=RG and Barksdale-RT. No plans to move Robinson to tackle this year. Longer term (1-2 years) look for Barrett Jones to replace Wells and Robinson to play left tackle. The reason they drafted Mo Alexander is because they were able to work him out beforehand and Coach Williams thought he would be a perfect fit for his defense- a safety/linebacker hybrid.

Injury wise both Bradford and Long are expected to be ready to start the season. He said Bradford could start now but they are going to ease him back. Both Long and Bradford were practicing today. Bradford looked good throwing the ball and he is a big guy. #81 (Britt) skied for a nice end zone catch in traffic.

Talked briefly to Steve Savard who thought the Rams have a chance to make the playoffs if they stay healthy. He said our defense is championship caliber but the offense is still questionable. Savard said he is impressed with Shaun Hill who he views as an upgrade at back-up QB over Clemmons. Hill looked good throwing the ball in drills.

Good to see the team back on the field.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So they view Jones as next in line behind Wells. I'm glad there is some plan for him for now.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
So they view Jones as next in line behind Wells. I'm glad there is some plan for him for now.

Don't you think THEY have had a plan for him all along, but this is the first public commentary along those lines? LOL

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I always viewed Jones as our future center. Glad they finally said something about it so we dont have to debate about him for another year.

So we have our future LT, C and LG set for a long while. Hope Barks plays good and we keep him. Hope Long is healthy for the next few years as well. Will have a very nice lone if healthy.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Don't you think THEY have had a plan for him all along, but this is the first public commentary along those lines? LOL

Well, isn't that obvious? Of course they knew what is going to happen with him.

It's news to me. All I've wanted is some Barrett Jones news.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Jeez, Britt seems like he is tearing up the endzone in OTAs. Great practice for our secondary to have a big, physical, cocky, experienced WR to have to deal with.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
-Wish Hill coulda signed for more than 1 year.

-"Sam could start now." Nuff said

How many offenenses in the NFL are not "questionable" right now? Rams will have a stout running game and a complete offensive attack if the WR's can step up. Britt sounds like he's the early #1 favorite, great news. Love he's sporting #81. About time we have a legit threat sporting that number. Gilyard didn't quite live up to it haha.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The reason they drafted Mo Alexander is because they were able to work him out beforehand and Coach Williams thought he would be a perfect fit for his defense- a safety/linebacker hybrid.

That's interesting. I was expecting T.J. McDonald to be that safety/linebacker hybrid. I wonder if they actually think T.J. McDonald can play FS in the long-term. For now they're still referring to Rodney McLeod as "the other safety."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, isn't that obvious? Of course they knew what is going to happen with him.

It's news to me. All I've wanted is some Barrett Jones news.

I'm in the same boat.

Jones is a strange cat relative to what you hear. He's bulked up. But that's all you hear.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm in the same boat.

Jones is a strange cat relative to what you hear. He's bulked up. But that's all you hear.
And yet, as of now he's still behind Barnes who is backing up Wells in OTA's. We probably won't get any real news on where he's at until TC.
But hey, if Barnes is playing better than Jones even after TC then by all means, give Barnes the job.

Barrett Jones could be the most highly decorated career backup OLineman in Rams history. Maybe he's just on the team to lift weights and do everyone's taxes for free.

SierraRam

Recreational User

I'm amazed how they kept everthing about the guy so suppressed. I hope he recaptures his college glory, but this is the first bone they've thrown us in a long time.

A55VA6

Legend
Britt seems to really be dominating OTA's right now. Let's hope this continues.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm amazed how they kept everthing about the guy so suppressed. I hope he recaptures his college glory, but this is the first bone they've thrown us in a long time.

I'm not surprised. Seeing him in training camp last year, it was obvious he was not going to be able to contribute. He looked soft and just not physically strong enough to compete at this level. But I will say this, if Barrett Jones comes back in a similar physical shape that Tim Barnes did a year ago, then they will have something to work with.

FRO

Legend
That's interesting. I was expecting T.J. McDonald to be that safety/linebacker hybrid. I wonder if they actually think T.J. McDonald can play FS in the long-term. For now they're still referring to Rodney McLeod as "the other safety."
I believe they think he can.

Britt is getting a lot of media love. I hope he is legit and healthy. He should have a world of motivation.

Also I have no problem with them developing Jones. I think he has the mental part, he just needs to work hard to get physically there. Last year he was coming off the injury and never really established himself.