Demetrius Rhaney and Barrett Jones are in the plans next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Fisher said that they are in plans they might not be as high on o line as some of us

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher also talked about Bates possibly the MLB of the future. He said all this on Jeff Fisher show

SierraRam

Recreational User
I wish Jones had been in the plans this year so the rest of us would know if we have something there! We do know we have two GAPING OL holes and the possibility of a 3rd with Barksdale.

A few of us have been cautiously optimistic regarding Rhaney. He had a very good senior season and a monster pro-day. Fingers crossed...

I'm surprised Bates didn't see more time at LB with all the tackles Dunbar was missing. It makes A.D.'s accomplishments all the more impressive. We also know how impossibly difficult it can be for a youngster to crack a Fisher lineup!

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wish Jones had been in the plans this year so the rest of us would know if we have something there! We do know we have two GAPING OL holes and the possibility of a 3rd with Barksdale.

A few of us have been cautiously optimistic regarding Rhaney. He had a very good senior season and a monster pro-day. Fingers crossed...

I'm surprised Bates didn't see more time at LB with all the tackles Dunbar was missing. It makes A.D.'s accomplishments all the more impressive. We also know how impossibly difficult it can be for a youngster to crack a Fisher lineup!
I think he's hoping Rhaney can be our center. He said he likes hat he seen out of Jones vs KC

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I do like what I saw out of Jones in KC, I think if he's healthy he can be our center. The problem is he's been dealing with some injuries so he's been a little behind in his strength training progress, and now he's finally healthy and strong. Don't know anything about Rhaney, but if they like him I'm fine with that. The more offensive line we don't have to replace the better, if we already have a solid group there that just need some time to develop this offseason like Jones did and he's ready to replace Wells, we could put more focus on other places.

As far as Bates goes, I could see it if he becomes more disciplined. He's an insanely talented guy, very very athletic, I just see a lack of discipline from him. Hope he picks it up, he's a playmaker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they're in our plans, why did he not play them over a guy who couldn't snap the ball properly?(well, Jones...Rhaney was on IR)

SierraRam

Recreational User
Rhaney was on IR

Yup. 7th rounder, Mark Setterstrom was our best guard for a short time but he couldn't stay healthy. I'm hoping we strike gold again with Rhaney. I think he has that kind of potential: smart, athletic & strong as a moose. Draft profile from NFL.com:

STRENGTHS
Very good quickness, agility and balance. Gets into blocks quickly and keeps battling through the whistle (see fourth play of second quarter vs. Bethune when loses helmet). Runs his feet on contact. Good lower-body power. Can wall off and seal short areas. Efficient working up a level. Solid anchor in pass protection.

BOTTOM LINE
A compactly built, light-footed pivot who elevated his draft standing after clocking sub-5.0 40 times at his pro-day workout. Has the size, power and agility to eventually compete for a starting job.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry but if Jones is a part of next years line you can color me unimpressed with the grand offseason plan.

Bates as the MLB of the future? He cannot be serious. I give Rhaney a pass since none of us really saw him play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sorry but if Jones is a part of next years line you can color me unimpressed with the grand offseason plan.

Bates as the MLB of the future? He cannot be serious. I give Rhaney a pass since none of us really saw him play.
I agree with the bolded, but you can relax. Fisher didn't say Bates was the MLB of the future for us. He was simply asked if Bates had a future on defense(yes)...and was then asked what his position was. (MLB).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with the bolded, but you can relax. Fisher didn't say Bates was the MLB of the future for us. He was simply asked if Bates had a future on defense(yes)...and was then asked what his position was. (MLB).

Ah thanks. I can't listen to or view most links on this first gen IPad. After flirting with CJ Mosely as a potential Rams pick the thought of Bates as the consolation is very disappointing. I would hope in the future they would shoot higher than that.