Demarco Murray signs with Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5 yrs. 42 mill/ 21 g-jack srry I did scan the front page but did not see this a duplicate
Oh you didn't see the duplicate thread RIGHT ABOVE YOU?!
image.jpg

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Chip has to do something to calm the Philly fans. They were practically asking for his head after the Foles trade.

He doesn't have to do shit. He's obviously has something in mind and carrying it out.

Fans are gonna bitch and moan no matter what. W/e player they sign or let go in FA, whoever they draft or pass on.

The fans can disagree with moves, that's fine. But Chip doesn't need to pander to them. His goal is to make his team win. The fans will naturally come like sheep after.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
LOL at the Cowboys. That's what happens when you go crazy in free agency in past years. You end up losing your own.

I'm rooting for Bradford hard. I will always be a Braford fan. I pretty much don't have a second favorite team but if I did it would be Sam' Club.

we could have afforded to keep any of our free agents. Jerry (or Stephen really) is finally being smart about contracts. Thats why we let D. Ware go. Do you really think paying a RB $42 million with $21 million guaranteed is a good idea? He had a crazy good season last year, but it's also the only year he's played a full season since his sophomore year at OU. The eagles have made nothing but dumb moves this offseason.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
oh rly. That's even better. I thought it was either a third or fourth we were trading for a second depending on Sam.
No, we gave them our 5th this year. And "if" Sam doesn't start at least 8 games we give them our 4th next year or if he gets injured again we give them our 3rd.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
No, we gave them our 5th this year. And "if" Sam doesn't start at least 8 games we give them our 4th next year or if he gets injured again we give them our 3rd.
Snead is pretty damn good. Maybe better so at making deals then selecting talent. He sometimes seems to want to be the smartest guy in the room with reaches like pead and austin. So sometimes it backfires but I like that he's got moxy and there is no question he's a great negotiator. Good hair goes without saying.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Most of the players the Eagles have acquired has significant injury histories. Alonzo, Murray, Bradford, Matthews. All good players, but Philly fans must be very nervous about this.
When they go up against a top D it could be Brutal!!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He doesn't have to do crap. He's obviously has something in mind and carrying it out.

Fans are gonna bitch and moan no matter what. W/e player they sign or let go in FA, whoever they draft or pass on.

The fans can disagree with moves, that's fine. But Chip doesn't need to pander to them. His goal is to make his team win. The fans will naturally come like sheep after.

The fact that all their fans hate what he's doing makes me think it'll probably succeed. What do they know?? Worst fans in pro sports? Probably.

However much they liked Shady, DJAX, Maclin et al - how many championships had the won with them? Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results so at least Chip K. has tried something different. Its hard for them I guess because you cant see the plan.

With Snisher I think its clear there is an overall plan they're working to - so its easy for the fans to get on board. We can see we are building a stifling, dominant defence and then putting pieces together to build a tough, grinding offence that looks after the football.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Seems to me that unless Murray's cap hit is somehow pretty low this season, the Eagles have spent a pretty large % of their money on 2 players this year...I can only hope that Sam doesn't decide to re-do his contract to help them out...That would totally change my attitude toward him...Can't imagine him (especially because of his agent) doing that though...

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I hope D. Murray joins Bradford with the Eagles!

I'm a Dallasite...And I've heard many morbid tales of Jerry Jones ripping local businessmen off...There's the old story about the 1st Super Bowl Championship ring... ( Remember, NFL owners pay for the SB rings...not the NFL)

So the story goes, Jerry Jones orders Super Bowl rings and a local jeweler makes 'em...When it comes time to pay up for rings...Jerry says, " I will only pay half price!"....The jeweler says, " But I've already made the rings."...Jerry Jones says, "My point exactly...Take it or leave it bub."

Who pays for Super Bowl Rings?

The Team/organization pays for SB rings. the NFL Pays $5000 dollars for 150 rings.. if the team wants more its on them, but the thing about them is the rings are custom and usually cost alot more than 5k apiece, SO, the team has to cover the difference, and the difference is usually more than the 5k, so in essence the teams pay for the rings.

Hell, Jerry Jones Stadium even ripped off rich fans who paid exorbitant prices for Super Bowl Tickets!
Remember the 2011 Super Bowl? Fans sued Jerry Jones. Here is a link ...

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/03/10/sports/football/ap-fbn-super-bowl-seating-mess.html?_r=0

Bottom Line...Jerry Jones and other NFL owners live and die by the old proverb- "Tis easier to get forgiven, then permission."

As a Rams fan who lives in Dallas area...I couldn't cheer louder for the Eagles and D. Murray!

Last edited:

RAMBUSH

Starter
Oh my god , all this and we need an offensive line. Lol. Sorry , had to say it. Someone does in every post. Lol