Delanie Walker: "We don't see them as our rivals" (?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Delanie+Walker+n6PmsZAWS8Xm.jpg

“The St. Louis games are great, but we don’t see them as our rivals though,” said tight end Delanie Walker, a Central Missouri State product.

Even so, the 49ers players have a healthy amount of respect for the newly improved Rams.

“St. Louis is playing better football,” said defensive end Justin Smith, the University of Missouri product out of Jefferson City. “That was our toughest opponent this year.”

“Give credit where it’s due,” star linebacker Patrick Willis said. “They won the (second) game. They made more plays than we did and we didn’t make enough. It’s never good to play five quarters, but if you play five quarters, then you must get the win and we didn’t.”

And even Walker conceded, “They were really the only team that had our number this year.”

Smith said that the ’Niners weren’t shocked by the Rams’ improved play in those two contests because of what they saw on tape leading up to the games.

“We know they have a really good defense,” Smith said. “We have a lot of respect for Sam Bradford and some of the things they were doing. Steven Jackson’s a top back in this league. We weren’t too surprised.”

The loss and the tie helped cost San Francisco home-field advantage in the playoffs. Even so, the 49ers should offer some thanks to their NFC West rivals. (Or is it “non-rivals” according to Walker?)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/ers-respect-for-rams-only-goes-so-far/article_42c8ccdb-29ba-550b-bd2c-d84d6860f338.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 0f338.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
News Bot said:
Delanie+Walker+n6PmsZAWS8Xm.jpg

“The St. Louis games are great, but we don’t see them as our rivals though,” said tight end Delanie Walker, a Central Missouri State product.

Even so, the 49ers players have a healthy amount of respect for the newly improved Rams.

“St. Louis is playing better football,” said defensive end Justin Smith, the University of Missouri product out of Jefferson City. “That was our toughest opponent this year.”

“Give credit where it’s due,” star linebacker Patrick Willis said. “They won the (second) game. They made more plays than we did and we didn’t make enough. It’s never good to play five quarters, but if you play five quarters, then you must get the win and we didn’t.”

And even Walker conceded, “They were really the only team that had our number this year.”

Smith said that the ’Niners weren’t shocked by the Rams’ improved play in those two contests because of what they saw on tape leading up to the games.

“We know they have a really good defense,” Smith said. “We have a lot of respect for Sam Bradford and some of the things they were doing. Steven Jackson’s a top back in this league. We weren’t too surprised.”

The loss and the tie helped cost San Francisco home-field advantage in the playoffs. Even so, the 49ers should offer some thanks to their NFC West rivals. (Or is it “non-rivals” according to Walker?)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/ers-respect-for-rams-only-goes-so-far/article_42c8ccdb-29ba-550b-bd2c-d84d6860f338.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 0f338.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuck the whiners! Total disrespect by Walker. Makes me hate them even more! Most hated rival IMO, with the seac*cks a very close second.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We are on the 49er's radar.

It's nice to hear some respect, although Walker's comments come across more as disrespect for sure.

Regardless; it's game on in 2013!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Biggame1190 on Delanie Walker: "He is a very athletic Tight End, very fast for his position...But he has some of the worst pair of hands I have ever seen. The guy couldn't catch fish in a barrel. Look up STONE HANDS in the dictionary and you see #46"

:razzed:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
biggame1190 said:
Biggame1190 on Delanie Walker: "He is a very athletic Tight End, very fast for his position...But he has some of the worst pair of hands I have ever seen. The guy couldn't catch fish in a barrel. Look up STONE HANDS in the dictionary and you see #46"

:razzed:

I'm with you. Dude has HORRIBLE hands.

I can't say I "noticed" the bad hands in years previous. But this year; hell yeah.

iced

Not really surprised by the comments.

Those guys are from Missouri.

jap

Legend
Delanie Walker? Really!?! Let's hope their rookie QB is up to the steep learning curve he's facing because once Fish & Co. provide Sam I Am with multiple weapons, the '9ers may well end up in our rear view mirror.

On that note, maybe you're right, Delanie, you're not really our rivals. :twisted: :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jap said:
Delanie Walker? Really!?! Let's hope their rookie QB is up to the steep learning curve he's facing because once Fish & Co. provide Sam I Am with multiple weapons, the '9ers may well end up in our rear view mirror.

On that note, maybe, you're right, Delanie, you're not really our rivals. :twisted: :ww:
cm-43589-550ec6bb90f094.png