Deflating Gillette's Profits

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
In another thread this week someone suggested getting rid of their Gillette razor in protest to Kraft and his Cronies at NFL HQ (sorry, I don't remember who it was). It got me to thinking. Last night I went home, gathered all of my Gillette shaving gear and tossed it into the recycle bin.

I am now officially a member of Dollar Shave Club! Join me in the boycott if you will.

http://dollarshaveclub.com/ref/1zpg1/97BC96

#FreakGillette
#DeflateGillettesProfits
#DollarShaveClubRules

Mods: if this needs to be moved, I'm sorry , have it.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, let me get this straight....

The company that bought the naming rights to the stadium is now in the cross-hairs of some fans who don't like the Patriots?

It's be like boycotting AT&T because you don't like the Cowboys... or Metlife because you don't like the Giants.

The company that buys the naming rights should not be part of the issue IMO.

Also, IMO, this hatred of the Partiots is reaching a rediculous point on the forum.

I do not like the Patriots... I don't hate them, but I don't like them either.

But every day, I log on and see yet another Patriots/Bellichick/Brady hatred thread.

Now, we're going after the innocent company that spent money to get theior name on the stadium?

When is enough, enough gang?

Sorry... if I broke any forum rules... it's getting kinda crazy IMO.

/rant over/

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The company that bought the naming rights to the stadium is now in the cross-hairs of some fans who don't like the Patriots?

It's be like boycotting AT&T because you don't like the Cowboys... or Metlife because you don't like the Giants.

Also, IMO, this hatred of the Partiots is reaching a rediculous point on the forum.

But every day, I log on and see yet another Patriots/Bellichick/Brady hatred thread.

Now, we're going after the innocent company that spent money to get theior name on the stadium?

/rant over/
I can't speak for everyone but yes, they come into my cross hairs due to their relationship with a franchise that I find despicable. As a consumer, the only way my voice can be heard is with the way I spend my money. So I am choosing not to purchase their products. To each his own. Besides, I'm sick of paying inflated prices for their products when I can get comparable products delivered to my door for a fraction of the cost. /rant over/

Besides, Dollar Shave Club is an American start up company. I'm voting for the "little" guy. And, they have great commercials. :peace:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

/rant over/
I believe Kraft USED to own Gillette, but no longer does. (According to Wikipedia, Proctor & Gamble now own the brand.

But just to address one thing...

You don't have to click on every thread, especially if you think the contents will just aggravate you. And most threads about the Patriots and hatred thereof are pretty clearly marked.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't speak for everyone but yes, they come into my cross hairs due to their relationship with a franchise that I find despicable. As a consumer, the only way my voice can be heard is with the way I spend my money. So I am choosing not to purchase their products.
But you do understand that they probably have zero to do with the team - how they operate, who's on it, etc.? Right? The shotgun is aimed at the wrong party... again, IMO.

To each his own. Besides, I'm sick of paying inflated prices for their products when I can get comparable products delivered to my door for a fraction of the cost. /rant over/
Sure... to each his own... and, if the issue is price, I'm right there with you.
But Gillette has nothing to do with the team that plays inside the staduim they paid handsomely to slap their name on... there simply is no connection, so why punish them?
Makes no sense - to me.

Besides, Dollar Shave Club is an American start up company. I'm voting for the "little" guy. And, they have great commercials. :peace:
Is Gillette not American owned? I really don't know. Start up vs. a company that is part of American history? Again, to each his own.
:peace:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Kraft USED to own Gillette, but no longer does. (According to Wikipedia, Proctor & Gamble now own the brand.
I just read his bio... I don't think he ever owned any of Gillette. He made his money in paper products.

But just to address one thing...

You don't have to click on every thread, especially if you think the contents will just aggravate you. And most threads about the Patriots and hatred thereof are pretty clearly marked.
Yes, you're right... just venting a little... ;)

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Robert Kraft made his money in packaging. Nothing whatsoever to do with Gillette which is owned by Procter & Gamble. So maybe you should boycott all P&G products.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

nothing will ever make me give up my mach 3 shaver. nothing.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I just read his bio... I don't think he ever owned any of Gillette. He made his money in paper products.
OK, I'm probably in the wrong there.

nothing will ever make me give up my mach 3 shaver. nothing.

I liked my Mach 3... love my Fusion. 5 blades is where it's at. John Cena told me so.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
In another thread this week someone suggested getting rid of their Gillette razor in protest to Kraft and his Cronies at NFL HQ (sorry, I don't remember who it was). It got me to thinking. Last night I went home, gathered all of my Gillette shaving gear and tossed it into the recycle bin.

I am now officially a member of Dollar Shave Club! Join me in the boycott if you will.

http://dollarshaveclub.com/ref/1zpg1/97BC96

#FreakGillette
#DeflateGillettesProfits
#DollarShaveClubRules

Mods: if this needs to be moved, I'm sorry , have it.
congrats! but now you're supporting Rich Eisen who's a Patriots homer, has been calling bullshit on Deflategate and promos Dollar Shave Club on his show like 50 times a day lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry but I agree with BigRamFan. What is the difference between a name on a package and a name on a stadium. Gillette is linked to the patsies due to their sponsorship of the stadium. I already pitched my Mach 3 and went with a Schick for that very reason. I will support nothing that has to do with the patsies.

If you don't agree with this then don't do it. I don't think Craig will lose any sleep over it.

rams2050

Starter
I'm in. Thanks for the great idea. Might not be Dollar Shave Club, but maybe BIC.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
congrats! but now you're supporting Rich Eisen who's a Patriots homer, has been calling bullcrap on Deflategate and promos Dollar Shave Club on his show like 50 times a day lol.
That's why I ditched the Dollar Shave Club!