Defensive schemes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Both games (so far) our defense gets shredded in the first half and then second half turns it around with the adjustments.

Is this bad scheming on defense or just making great adjustments at halftime?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It almost seems like the staff doesnt have confidence to be aggressive on D until they are forced to do so if they want to win. Last year they seemed more aggressive from the start of the game.

V3

Hall of Fame
It's bad defensive scheming/playcalling.

The players on D are better this year than last year. They should be better as a whole on D. The only reason they aren't is because of the playcalling on D. You might say that Finnegan has lost a step and is hurting our secondary A LOT but it's not just him. It's everywhere and it's not because the players stink.

I'm not sure if Walton just stinks or if they're calling the D by committee. Either way, something needs to change.

tonyl711

Starter
the soft coverage is killing us, a lot of Finnagins problem IMO is he cant bump recievers off their routes playing so far off.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The only scheme we're seeing thus far is the 'swiss cheese' defense. It stinks and there are holes a-plenty. I can understand Julio Jones pushing guys around because he's a monster, but we're seeing Jacquizz Rodgers carry guys around and Jason Snelling looking like a warrior. I know there will be growing pains with young guys on either side of the ball, but defense was really bad today.

V3

Hall of Fame
Memphis Ram said:
Maybe they should have hired Greg Williams. :whome?:

I thought that they should have. I didn't think it would be this big of a deal though.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Memphis Ram said:
Maybe they should have hired Greg Williams. :whome?:

Or kept his son, lol. But we have been playing this bs zone defense since last year. I said it last week and in the presason... We can't win games like this scheme. Last year we were playing like we were on fire on D from game 1. Now its like we are going through the motions.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Very disappointing after all the praise the players and staff have given Walton. He seems to be a knowledgeable coach but lacks that aggressiveness that Fishers Ds are known for.

A55VA6

Legend
RamBall said:
Very disappointing after all the praise the players and staff have given Walton. He seems to be a knowledgeable coach but lacks that aggressiveness that Fishers Ds are known for.
changes need to be made.