Defensive Rookie of the Year: NFL Odds, Pick, Predictions, Dark Horses

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
2014 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year: NFL Odds, Pick, Predictions, Dark Horses

Written by Randy Chambers on July 16, 2014

The 2014 NFL season is soon underway and there’s money to be made on some future bets. This article we’ll be looking at odds for the 2014 Defensive Rookie of the Year, and the players who could make you a pretty penny.

Here are a few names you must include on your card when handicapping this award.

Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Houston Texans – Even with Clowney being the favorite to win the award at odds of +250, those are still solid odds for somebody who is extremely likely to walk away with the hardware. Clowney is going to play a ton of spans and will be able to take advantage of one-on-one situations with other players focusing so much on J.J. Watt. Unlike other defensive players who will be asked to be the man from day one on a crappy team, Clowney is actually walking into a decent situation with other great defensive players around him. Clowney’s skill set is off the charts and you have to feel great about his chances of winning Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Anthony Barr, LB, Minnesota Vikings – One defensive player who has flown under the radar has been Barr, for whatever reason. When you’re talking about a pure athlete and ridiculous pass rusher, it doesn’t get much better than the Vikings rookie. Barr has the potential to do serious damage on a Minnesota defense that ranked 31st in the league against the pass. Also, the Vikings could use somebody who can get to the quarterback after watching Jared Allen leave for the Chicago Bears. Barr will have plenty of chances to rush the passer and pad his stats, which is something voters love when it’s time to fill out those ballots. Don’t be afraid to take a chance with odds of up to +1000.

Aaron Donald, DL, St. Louis Rams – Donald is also a true pass rusher and has been thrown onto the Rams defense, a squad that finished third in sacks last season with 53. Um, that’s not a bad look at all for the former Pittsburgh Panther. Donald is going to have many matchup advantages with teams so worried about Chris Long and Robert Quinn killing their quarterback. And if you’ve ever seen Donald play in college, you know he’s more than capable of making three or four plays in a row. Donald can simply takeover a game, which is why the Rams selected him early despite not really needing another defensive lineman. There’s value with Donald at odds of +850.

CJ Mosley, LB, Baltimore Ravens – If you’re looking for a true longshot, it doesn’t get much better than Baltimore’s new linebacker. Mosley is one of the smartest players in the draft and reminds many of a younger version of Ray Lewis. Mosley sees the field well, is effective against both the run and pass and is a tackling machine. He’s a veteran in a rookie’s body and should be a starter in the Ravens defense from day one. Mosley is one of the more polished defensive players we’ve seen in a long time and he should make a hell of an impact for Baltimore. Don’t be afraid to throw this defensive player a bone a two with odds of +1100 on the board.

Read more at http://sportschatplace.com/nfl-pick...k-predictions-dark-horses#mhHg4sYZzykcHWZY.99

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Anthony Barr? Isn't he really inexperienced at LB? I'd be surprised if he got it.

Why isint mack on there either? I'd put him above Mosley and Barr?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Mosley is going to be a nice player, no question.

I think Donald is going to be a stud. I totally understand the hype.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Anthony Barr? Isn't he really inexperienced at LB? I'd be surprised if he got it.

Why isint mack on there either? I'd put him above Mosley and Barr?
I totally agree about Mack above Barr, Mosley should be able to come in and immediately contribute as middle LB though and should content for DROY

SierraRam

Recreational User
Here in NorCal, Khalil Mack is getting alot of positive press. The Raider coaches love him & he'll be a starter on day 1.

I predict he'll finish 2nd to our part-time, 10-sack-gettin' mauler! DROY: Aaron Donald

images
images
images

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Damnit! F u articles praising our guys! Its making this wait unbearable before TC and our first preseason game....:wabbit:

Just want to see our D Line completely own the Ninnies and butt Pirates errrr She cocks ;)

nighttrain

Legend
Mosley is going to be a nice player, no question.

I think Donald is going to be a stud. I totally understand the hype.
Donald along side Brockers, with Quinn & Long at DE, perfect position to excel, ROY? maybe
train