Decent wire pickup?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
I just seen today that the Redskins cut S Baccari Rambo. I kinda likes from what I saw from his senior bowl a couple years back and was hoping the rams would pick him up. Be he is now able to be claimed from waivers and I was wondering what my fellow Rams thought of picking him up for Practice Squad or something. What do you guys think?

AnarchyRam

Rookie
My brother, a skins fan, was just saying he sucked last night. That didn't sound good but u know what I mean.. Do we really need him?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I just seen today that the Redskins cut S Baccari Rambo. I kinda likes from what I saw from his senior bowl a couple years back and was hoping the rams would pick him up. Be he is now able to be claimed from waivers and I was wondering what my fellow Rams thought of picking him up for Practice Squad or something. What do you guys think?

My son is a Skins fan :eek: who hangs out over at ExtremeSkins. They don't think very much of this player because he got lit up way too often to keep around on the team. Maybe with the right coaching.....but I'd pass.

Alan

Legend
He's a SS type I believe and we already have a couple of those so I'm thinking no.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wanted him when he came out, not so much now though.

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking the same but he is an aggressive player, the kind Greg Williams likes to blitz. I was thinking as a backup for TJ "game winner" McDonald in case anything would happen

jjab360

Legend
I was thinking the same but he is an aggressive player, the kind Greg Williams likes to blitz. I was thinking as a backup for TJ "game winner" McDonald in case anything would happen
That's what we drafted Mo Alexander for

Ramathon

Wasn't he a 2013 draft pick? Which would mean he's been cut just over a year a yr after being drafted?

If so, doesn't that tell us something? Unless the Redskins have 2 HoF quality safeties, why would they be cutting ties already? Only other reason I can envision is serious off the field issues...in which case I doubt we want him anyway.

IMO, a lot of fans get WAY too hung up on very productive college careers. That gets ya drafted. Doesn't remotely mean a productive pro career is in the offing. (See Isaiah Pead)

jjab360

Legend
Wasn't he a 2013 draft pick? Which would mean he's been cut just over a year a yr after being drafted?

If so, doesn't that tell us something? Unless the Redskins have 2 HoF quality safeties, why would they be cutting ties already? Only other reason I can envision is serious off the field issues...in which case I doubt we want him anyway.

IMO, a lot of fans get WAY too hung up on very productive college careers. That gets ya drafted. Doesn't remotely mean a productive pro career is in the offing. (See Isaiah Pead)
Not saying we should pick up Rambo, but Barksdale was a third round pick who was cut by the Raiders (of all teams) the year after they drafted him.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking "Seymour Duncan Live Wire Dave Mustaine pickups" and realized I was on the wrong site!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Liked him going into the Draft, know nothing about him since. That tells me something!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what I've heard, he has attitude issues off the field and has been a bit of a problem child for Washington. Not showing up to meetings on time, being disruptive, etc.

And on the field, he's had a lot of issues with tackling and giving up big plays while gambling.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Redskins cut both of their safeties from a year ago. First Phillip Thomas, now Rambo. Thomas was a fourth round pick; Rambo was a sixth.

Thank fate that Snisher decided to go with McDonald that year.

Slappy967

Starter
If only we had a coach capable of straightening out NFL problem children and molding them into better players........I would kick his tires for sure.

Alan

Legend
When I said no, I'm referring to picking him up on waivers. If he makes it through waivers I'm not against putting him on our PS if Snisher thinks he's an upgrade over someone else on the squad.