Dear Denver...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this is what is agonizingly frustrating about this team at the moment. Today was a thing of beauty, last week, not so much. The only consistent thing about this team is the inconsistency!

On todays performance, we proved we can beat the best teams in the league so yes, 10-6 is a possibility. More of today, less of last week and we'll be closer to 10-6 than 6-10.

To be fair, if Hill had started last week, I think we could have won that game. It was 17-14 due to McLeod doing the same thing he did this week and Davis just melted down.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And this is what is agonizingly frustrating about this team at the moment. Today was a thing of beauty, last week, not so much. The only consistent thing about this team is the inconsistency!

On todays performance, we proved we can beat the best teams in the league so yes, 10-6 is a possibility. More of today, less of last week and we'll be closer to 10-6 than 6-10.
Less of the last half of the 4th quarter of last week - yes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To be fair, if Hill had started last week, I think we could have won that game. It was 17-14 due to McLeod doing the same thing he did this week and Davis just melted down.
Could be true. I will say that Hill got off some passes where Davis would have been scrambling. I think there is little doubt about that. The O-line did play very well today but Hill made them look even better IMO.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Yeah, I'd agree with that. If we play mistake free footy, our D can win us games.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or just less Austin Davis
Maybe so. I like the kid but he obviously was feeling the pressure too early and it cost us. I don't think he is uncoachable but this game did show how an experienced QB can do the little things to just not make the huge mistakes. Hopefully Davis learns from this. I have always liked Hill but IMO Davis has more potential upside. The turnovers and pocket jitters are always going to be a QBs undoing and if he can't correct that, potential means nothing.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I love this team but asking them to go 6-0 isn't likely going to happen. We play AT San Diego, vs. Arizona, and AT Seattle. Those are three very difficult games. And we can't overlook Oakland, Washington, or NYG.

Look, if we finish this year with a 8-8 record or even 9-7 I'll be ecstatic. But I think it's a bit much to ask for the team to go 6-0. Beating Seattle in Seattle is a ridiculously tough task.

I'm cool with high expectations and optimism but all I ask is that people don't get bitter if the team can't measure up.
I don't know about 10-6...but we ARE beating Arizona in our house. Book it. As far as i'm concerned that's the game that got away this season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know about 10-6...but we ARE beating Arizona in our house. Book it. As far as i'm concerned that's the game that got away this season.

We could. I think they're going to try and kill Stanton. But we should be mindful of teams like the Giants, Raiders, and Washington. We have a nasty habit of playing down to competition.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Could be true. I will say that Hill got off some passes where Davis would have been scrambling. I think there is little doubt about that. The O-line did play very well today but Hill made them look even better IMO.
Our oline also wasn't playing Sf, seattle, KC or Az.
It amazes me that some forget how tough those teams can be for most olines.
Denver was a sight for sore eyes. Our beat up o line deserves some of the credit.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I see 3 fairly winnable games right now(OAK, NY, DC). AZ, SD, SEA are going to be tough games. But weirder crap has happened.
All winnable gamea. After all, who gave us much of a chance going into toda

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
We could. I think they're going to try and kill Stanton. But we should be mindful of teams like the Giants, Raiders, and Washington. We have a nasty habit of playing down to competition.
There's no doubt that under Fisher the Rams bring their A-game vs the divisional, and other elite teams.
Having said that, the schedule is clearly more favorable from here on out(than what it's been). If the team stays focused from week to week and the offense can continue to eliminate the turnovers the wins will come.

IMO it's really pretty simple with this team. Play smart football on offense and let this emerging defense dictate the tone. The defense arrived weeks ago for the most part. The ONLY reason Davis is sitting is because of the 2nd half turnovers.

Mason had 29 carries today. Time of possession was 35/24 favor us. That's Rams football.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There's no doubt that under Fisher the Rams bring their A-game vs the divisional, and other elite teams.
Having said that, the schedule is clearly more favorable from here on out(than what it's been). If the team stays focused from week to week and the offense can continue to eliminate the turnovers the wins will come.

IMO it's really pretty simple with this team. Play smart football on offense and let this emerging defense dictate the tone. The defense arrived weeks ago for the most part. The ONLY reason Davis is sitting is because of the 2nd half turnovers.

Mason had 29 carries today. Time of possession was 35/24 favor us. That's Rams football.
That time of possession against Manning was huge.
Those long drive kept our defense rested and Manning off the field. The reduction of 3 and outs today were paramount.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That time of possession against Manning was huge.
Those long drive kept our defense rested and Manning off the field. The reduction of 3 and outs today were paramount.
Yep. Huge.
Hill got into trouble several times on 3rd down and was forced to pass but protected the ball and made a couple big conversions too.

I honestly believe that if the Rams had lost @ SF a few weeks ago that Fisher would have made the switch to Hill then going to AZ...but he rolled with Davis one more week(because we won) hoping the turnovers would correct themselves.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yep. Huge.
Hill got into trouble several times on 3rd down and was forced to pass but protected the ball and made a couple big conversions too.

I honestly believe that if the Rams had lost @ SF a few weeks ago that Fisher would have made the switch to Hill then going to AZ...but he rolled with Davis one more week(because we won) hoping the turnovers would correct themselves.
Also.
The lack of penalties. Amazing

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
If Davis had a stronger arm, I'd be more receptive to him at qb! Think the Rams starter is Sam or a player to be found later! JMO of course!