1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Deal in Place to Trade Jason Smith

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by libertadrocks, Aug 27, 2012.

1. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Via Mort

2. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Well. Fresh start.

3. Username Has a Well-Known Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/502/wayne-hunter

4. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

You know anything about Wayne Hunter Dr?

All I know is what I have heard on ESPN. Basically that he has been brutal this preseason and played poorly last year.

5. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

if it's a straight swap the rams received less than nothing for smith.

i'm starting to get worried now.

6. Username Has a Well-Known Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/502/wayne-hunter

Maybe they can put him and Richardson together every snap, and we might have something.

7. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

This makes no sense

8. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Yeah, I just watched him play. He plays like Jason Smith, but this will be a fresh start for him too. Maybe he makes the roster maybe he doesn't, but we have to try something. It may not be the only move in that regard.

9. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

I certainly hope there's more to it than just a straight up swap.
    It did say *part of the deal* though, so I hope there's at least a draft pick involved.

10. classicpony Active Member

What a waste of a #2, good bye, so long, don't let the door hit you on the way out! :sick:

11. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Like moving Dahl outside and promoting Turner to guard? This is not the answer. At all. I guess I kinda agree though. They're at least doing something. I guess?

I guarantee there's going to be a freak load of penalties coming from the right side to this year too. :nono:

12. kurtfaulk Well-Known Member

it's not his fault he was picked at #2. no wonder devaney is out of a job and can't get another one. picking a project at #2 with the amount of money you had to pay for it back then does that to you.

disclaimer - i know there are no sure things in a draft but everyone knew smith was a project during the draft process. #2 is not the place for a project player.

13. libertadrocks Well-Known Member

Little extra commentary:

Evan Silva:
    PFT:

14. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Well, I've been an advocate of that move from the get go. Smith couldn't beat out Richardson. I don't expect a draft pick, what value is there for Smith?

15. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

I could get behind that OL

16. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I guess that Richardson is going to start on the right side then? Unless we move Dahl over? Either way we have to address OT either in the draft or FA next year. I'm not sure who will be coming out (or how good they are) or who will be hitting the open market.

17. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Well you need to be the offensive line coach gawd dammit! :cheese: I like that we save the extra 1+ million. No value, but getting a 6 rounder might've been a better deal than this guy. I'm not sold that Smith is any worse than him or Richardson for that matter. Guess we'll see.

18. Speeps Active Member

There is a tweet out there from the famous Rams blog Turfshowtimes that is really annoying.

"Turfshowtimes really have to wonder about Bradford's future in St. Louis now. Could the new admin have been thinking about a new QB all along?"

So this trade suggests that Rams have given up on Sam Bradford? Idiocy at it's finest.

Like everything else, I'm not rushing to judgment. Wayne Hunter is a cheaper Jason Smith from what I'm reading. By the way, Hunter knows the system. Smith didn't.

19. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I was in a huge discussion at the PD, a couple of weeks ago, and my argument was that there is no way that the Rams will keep 2 RT only players. People thought I was crazy. The majority also thought that J. Smith should be the starter. Richardson, as bad as he is, has outplayed him. Hunter may not be playing well, but at least he's a swing tackle. I think the Rams plan was for Moose to be that guy, but Moose hasn't played well at tackle when he goes in there.

20. BuiltRamTough Active Member

Omfggggggg noooooooo hunter is fuking horrible we have to atleast get a draft pick in the trade dude seriously Wayne's a joke