Deacon Jones Chat with the Zine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Deacon Jones Chat with the Zine

by Shaky:

Sack Total Question

The administrators here at The Original Herd 'Thank You' from the bottom of our Rams hearts for spending some time with our dedicated Rams fans.

Sack Totals: 1961 8, 1962 12, 1963 20, 1964 22, 1965 19, 1966 18, 1967 26, 1968 24, 1969 15, 1970 12, 1971 4½, 1972 6, 1973 5, 1974 3 = 194 1/2

These sack totals listed above are from the media guides from the teams you have played with. I'm sure that you had more then was listed in the media guides and hearing experts talk about this they feel the same way.

How accurate do you think the 194 1/2 is and how far off do you believe this is?

Deacon Jones:

thats dead on and the balance approach I took was becuz I got $500 per sack, called incentives. If we decided you did an injustice to us we were going to put you in hospital at not extra charge. We dont run the to the sidelines and ask for extra money, we're gonna take you out whether it was your qb or whoever.

We were never inspired by bounty money. We were coming to do our job which was to break your jaw.

We wanted to pound you in the ground. We did it legal and upfront.

You messed up we came to get your qb. Period.

I look for a woman to play this game any day now.

-

full transcript: http://www.RamsFans.com

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. You gotta love Deacon. That's a bygone era though, I'm afraid.

Good job, Shake. Big ups.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Finally, some honesty .... so very refreshing when compared to the myriad of PR machines of today, generating carefully crafted narratives for public consumption.

Flag football, here we come.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The Deacon has spoken!!!

Man that was fun to read... great job as usual Shakes.

Thanks so much.

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Deacon will bite your head off. lol

He hates QB's :rofl:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man - GREAT read! I have a new found love for the white and blue unis - especially the white, blue, and red roadies.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
if they stupid enough, somebody snitched anyway. that had no business coming out of the locker room. We got paid incentives not bounties. if i lift a bounty on your head you're going to the hospital sucker.

if you got hurt that was your problem. i guess in today's world incentives are bounties. This is a beautiful game if you're tough enough to play it, go play it. if you're not go home and get a job. Don't complain about it. I use to like to beat rookies up, to toughen them up.

Up and down the field they go throwing passes and scoring td's. the game has changed so much what about defense. I love this game, Rosey loves this game and we tried to play it with pride but the rules have changed so much for these qb's so they can make 40, 50 million a year.

Boy I wish I could comeback now this would be the easiest money i ever made in my life. It upsets me what has been done to the game.

any idiot that gets caught deserves the punishment. Godell did what he had to do. If you made a tackle inside the 20 yd line you maybe made an extra 25.00 or 100.00 because that helped field position.

Wasn't like putting a hit on somebody. I ain't gonna hit you no harder for money than i would for free.

The Harrison kid in Pittsburgh game is all messed up now because of the new rules. With the new rules in place now I could complete a pass.
PS. When I was younger my mom was Rosey Grier's neighbor for a few years.... used to see him all the time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
PS. When I was younger my mom was Rosey Grier's neighbor for a few years.... used to see him all the time.

Cool. What a man. Named one of my labs after him - bye the way.

Larv

UDFA
Deacon, you were the best! Watched you and the "Fearsome Foursome" destroy many qbs in LA.

Thanks again!

Larv :cheese:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Fantastic stuff. I wish that could go viral on the net to remind people what football is all about. There's no room for sissies in football, never, ever! Thanks Shaky and Thanks Deac!