DE William Hayes Ranked #93 In Pro Football Focus' 2015 Top 101

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/05/09/pro-top-101-nfl-players-from-2015-nos-76-101/

93. William Hayes, DE, St. Louis Rams (unranked)
Hayes was good enough this past season that the Rams were comfortable with cutting Chris Long entirely and passing the torch to the player that was outperforming him in the same position. Hayes had strong performance against both the run and pass, posting 47 total pressures from fewer than 600 total snaps of action. He earned himself a full-time starting role and could be primed for a huge season in 2016 with Aaron Donald still taking all of the attention on that D-line.

Best performance: Week 11 at Baltimore: +7.5 grade

Key stat: Hayes led all edge defenders in run-stop percentage at 11.5

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5...m-hayes-ranked-pro-football-focus-pff-top-101

Hayes is in fine company at the back of the PFF Top 101, so it's not an insult in the least. The real impact here is what they allude to with the first sentence: Hayes taking over the starting role in earnest for Week 1 for the first time since he signed with the Rams in 2012. After Hayes signed, here's what I said in reaction to PFF listing him as "a secret superstar":

He may not be a flourishing starter-caliber player, but every team needs rotational guys to come in and not be entirely deficient for whatever stretch of time they're on the field. William Hayes could well fall in that category.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54G4qCceDqs

One of the things helping the case for Hayes as a breakout candidate is that he's always played behind very, very talented ends - Jevon Kearse, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Derrick Morgan and Jason Babin. It's hard to criticize a player for not developing when they can't get enough time. There are plenty of other teams who likely would have pressed him into service more frequently than the Titans did.

Now with the Rams, Hayes is in a similar situation with Chris Long and Robert Quinn the week 1 starters. There likely aren't huge expectations being placed on his shoulders, so there's no reason he shouldn't feel entirely comfortable both in terms of depth chart position and role

Now heading into his ninth NFL season, Hayes is finally taking the step up to the top of the depth chart to start the season. Having signed a three-year deal in free agency this year, Hayes is likely to hold on to that spot for the near future.

If his placement on the PFF Top 101 for this offseason is any indication, he's a fine talent to have in place as the Rams begin shifting capital to address the offensive side of the ball. - By 3k@3k

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpInQJKiLqI

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know about anyone else, But Half way through this^ Video, I had to turn off the "So called Music" in the back ground. I found it Annoying, Offensive, and very distracting when trying to watch the Plays!! Maybe I'm just getting too Old!!

Ram65

Legend
Didn't give Hayes that much credit. His sacks were low. Could have use Quinn on the other side I'm sure. Having played in a rotation for most of his career he should have plenty remaining in the tank.

Hard to go through the thread without watching the Hayes and Long homeless video. I see some homeless people M-F with similar signs for money. A night at 38 degrees is cold with no shelter and some sort of heat. I thought the guy that kick them out of the area with the barrel fire was a worker or security. Great they went back and talked to him. Great they gave them some help. Sad there are so many people on the streets.