DE Kendall Langford signs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, We'll just draft Worthy then!!!!!! HA!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I love this signing. Langford is seriously underrated. His run-stopping skills are second-to-none, and he, Soliai, and Odrick are the main reasons why that Miami defense was great against the run. They had a hell of a defensive line. Still, I guess that Langford was expendable when they moved to a 4-3 (which I believe should have never happened; the defensive scheme wasn't the problem on that team).

Jason Taylor is a player that I really respect, and if he says that Langford is one of the most underrated defensive linemen in the game, that's good enough for me. And four years with twelve million guaranteed? I'm impressed with this front office already. That's a very reasonable contract.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He could be used as a bigger end on short yardage situations, can obviously rush the passer from the inside. They will utilize his skills to their advantage. Good signing.

Interesting side note. If the Rams released Bannan and Robbins, and have set their sights on adding inside rushing DT's and big ends, then isn't the most logical conclusion is that they will look to draft a big DT to anchor the middle, and they must know that they can get one. There are only a few guys in the draft that fit that bill.

joeybittick

Rookie
I preferred Langford over J Jones anyway. Glad they got him. With the Rams' problem stopping the run a 300 lb DT seems like a better fit than a 275 lb DT.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
joeybittick said:
I preferred Langford over J Jones anyway. Glad they got him. With the Rams' problem stopping the run a 300 lb DT seems like a better fit than a 275 lb DT.

That's what I kept thinking with all the hubbub about Jones. He seemed awfully light for a DT. I realize it's not all about size but..... Anyway, I know there might be a tendency to like the guy who actually signed with us better but from what I see (not that it's worth much) I like Langford better too.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now draft Ta'amu with our 3rd overall pick and we are set at DT!