DE Kendall Langford signs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
DL Langford signed

Kendall Langford - DL - Rams
Rams signed DL Kendall Langford to a four-year, $24 million contract.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 17 - 11:39 AM

Very interesting does this have any barring on Jason Jones ultimate outcome?

Bump! Interference beat me pay that man his money!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does this mean Jones said "no"?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
He's a big man. Something like 6'6" 300. I suppose they'll play him inside, but I don't think that transition from 3-4 end to 4-3 DT works out all that great very often...sure will help to clog some running lanes though!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wow he's only 26. I thought he'd be like 30. 4 years, $24 mil tho? Hope he's worth that...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, I know Langford is supposed to be one of the best 34 DEs in the league but the Rams run a 43 and seem to be pretty set at the position. So, why cut off talks with OT Eric Winston and sign this guy?

It wasn't money obviously so strategy? Should we think they are going to make this guy a DT? Worried that Jones won't sign? Awful confident in Saffold and Smith? Man, I wish I had ears behind some walls in the Ram's camp! :idk:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:
Ok, I know Langford is supposed to be one of the best 34 DEs in the league but the Rams run a 43 and seem to be pretty set at the position. So, why cut off talks with OT Eric Winston and sign this guy?

It wasn't money obviously so strategy? Should we think they are going to make this guy a DT? Worried that Jones won't sign? Awful confident in Saffold and Smith? Man, I wish I had ears behind some walls in the Ram's camp! :idk:

I'm right there with you. I guess we'll have to wait to see what the big picture is, I'm sure they have a plan.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:

Sounds like he'll be more of a 2-down inside pass rusher, but I could be wrong about that. They might convert him to full-time DT. It's no different than when Hall & Quinn would line up on the right side of the line with Hall inside and Quinn outside. That said, they're still not done trying to sign Jones.

@jthom1 Jim Thomas
Contrary to some rpts, Rams remain interested in Jason Jones despite signing of Langford. They need 2 starters on the Dline.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I know we still need Jason Jones but this seems to look like we want four pass rushers on the front. I guess Langford is big enough to be a run stuffer but is it his game? If we land Jones, does this mean interest in a DT in the draft is diminishing? Are we now leaning on drafting two OLBs? Two WRs?

Very interesting!!!!

colonel_klink.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Signing Kendall Langford doesn't take Rams out of mix for DL Jason Jones or WR Mario Manningham. Manningham still in STL today #freeagency

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@jthom1 Jim Thomas
Langford played end in Miami's 3-4, but will be DT in St. Louis. Former Dolphins teammate Jason Taylor called him most underrated DE in NFL.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
How did yall "Klink" me up so fast like that? Awesome!

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
@jthom1 Jim Thomas
Langford played end in Miami's 3-4, but will be DT in St. Louis. Former Dolphins teammate Jason Taylor called him most underrated DE in NFL.

Has he played DT before? I trust the coaching staff (no reason not too), I just know that most guys have trouble shifting from a 3-4 DE to a 4-3 DT.

steferfootball

Starter
Warner4Prez said:
He's a big man. Something like 6'6" 300. I suppose they'll play him inside, but I don't think that transition from 3-4 end to 4-3 DT works out all that great very often...sure will help to clog some running lanes though!
I think it is actually a very common practice. It is just that some players have the skill set for one or the other (Adam Carricker for example) and some players are more ubiquitous with the swap.

I hope it works out for the best....to me without remembering ever seeing Langford play, he seems a bit too tall. He seems to have good 5 technique size.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
@JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Signing Kendall Langford doesn't take Rams out of mix for DL Jason Jones or WR Mario Manningham. Manningham still in STL today #freeagency
Correct me when I go wrong, but Kendall Langford and Jason Jones are supposed to serve the same purpose? 3 tech pass rusher? Now we need a nose, and it seems Jason Jones ain't that.

steferfootball

Starter
I'd really like to find one of those 3-4th round nose tackles that weighs around 400 lbs and is able to do nothing but stop the run. That'd be awesome imo.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think I like the signing. He's strong at point of attack and should help clog up the middle. He could get some snaps at DE also in run D. packages setting the edge.

I don't see this has diminished the need to draft a DT early if value is there. I'm not sure what Fisher thinks of Scott and Cudjo yet so there is roster room.