DE Eugene Sims, RB Chase Reynolds Out, RB Tre Mason Likely To Return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/9/15/9329699/eugene-sims-tre-mason-chase-reynolds-injury-update

Per the AP, Rams DE Eugene Sims and RB/ST Chase Reynolds have knee injuries that "could sideline them for a few weeks. After initially fearing that both players had season ending injuries, this is welcome news for Jeff Fisher and Co.

As 3k mentioned in this fanshot, losing Reynolds with Darren Bates already out puts the Rams without 2 of their core special teams players. After giving up a return TD to Tyler Lockett, John Fassel and the special teams staff is going to have to find inventive ways to keep this unit among the NFL's elite.

Losing Sims for an extended period of time is a tough blow. He is instrumental in the Rams DL rotation; providing both versatility and the ability to give other players a breather without a dropoff in play. One player won't be able to provide what Sims did for the unit. Nick Fairley was largely a non-factor in week 1 and will have to step up his play on the inside while William Hayes will likely see more snaps on the outside in Sims' absence. Ethan Westbrooks may also get more looks as a rotational piece.

Unfortunately, there was no concrete news on Trumaine Johnson, just that he was feeling better. Hopefully we will know more when the injury report is released tomorrow.

The silver lining in all of this is that Tre Mason is looking like a go this week. According to Fisher, Mason has a 'very good chance' to play when the Rams travel to DC.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fairley needs to step it up.

Oh, and btw... I think we can squash any more talk of not signing Brockers long term because Fairley's the answer. Brockers is a stud and Fairley has to show up.

I'm not dissing Fairley, but c'mon. Dude has to realize that he's on the premier DL in the NFL and he needs to start playing like it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got mason. That's a good start. Also, reed looks highly questionable. If we don't win I'll be shocked

Alan

Legend
Mackeyser quick to jump the gun:
Oh, and btw... I think we can squash any more talk of not signing Brockers long term because Fairley's the answer. Brockers is a stud and Fairley has to show up.
That was probably only me and I refuse to be squashed. Let me just point out that Brockers called for the D that stopped Lunch because he wanted to atone for the mistake he made earlier. Yes, he had a bunch of tackles this game but just as I'm not dissing Pead for that one bad play and I'm also not changing my mind about Brockers after one good game. I'm willing to be convinced though.