DCH Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I like mocks. Mocks mocks mocks. Down they go. Down into the buried pages of this forum.

Anyways...

I'm assuming we re-sign Barksdale, or alternatively bring back Jake Long on an incentive-laden RT deal.

#10 - La'el Collins, T/G - our RT of the future, RG of today
#41 - Marcus Peters, CB - comes in with no "start today" requirement, high upside, potential replacement for JJ or TJ if they walk next y ear
#72 - Garrett Grayson, QB - talented backup, insurance in case Foles gets hurt/underperforms
#119 - Max Garcia, C/G - depth, possible future starter at all interior OL positions

No thoughts right now on the 6-7 picks. Too lazy at work.

Thoughts? Super? Stooper? Bueller?

Stel

Starter
If we resign Barksdale or Long to play ROT, not sure I want the "ROT of the future" at #10. I'd rather just take the best player on the board and go guard hunting on day 2. If Collins is the highest rated player at #10, so be it, but I don't think he will be. Peters I like a lot but his character issues would need to be checked out thoroughly. In your scenario, I think I'd rather take CB Waynes at #10 and Laken Tomlinson at #41.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we resign Barksdale or Long to play ROT, not sure I want the "ROT of the future" at #10. I'd rather just take the best player on the board and go guard hunting on day 2. If Collins is the highest rated player at #10, so be it, but I don't think he will be. Peters I like a lot but his character issues would need to be checked out thoroughly. In your scenario, I think I'd rather take CB Waynes at #10 and Laken Tomlinson at #41.
Part of my reasoning is that, even if Barksdale or Long is back, I don't know that the Rams will look at them as more than a one-year player. Getting someone to take over that very important role by playing a less-challenging-yet-still-important role in 2015 is something I think the Rams would totally do - like they (wanted to do) did with Robinson last year.

I think Peters may be as good as Waynes, if not better, and Fisher has shown to be very good at controlling "troubled" players.

Basically, I find a combo of Collins/Peters to be better talent than Waynes/Tomlinson, but I do see your points.