DBs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I really gotta take my hat off to them. This is the first game where you could say that our top 3 CBs Jenks/Gaines/Tru were close to 100%. Having 3 starting caliber CBs against a pass happy team like Denver was a huge reason why the match up favored us so well.

Not to mention that if you threw the ball deep or over the middle the safties were waiting to crunch you. TMac is playing Pro Bowl caliber football at the SS position and Barron is emerging too.

Not to look too far ahead, but I think we're in a good position heading into the future with our DBs. Barron and McDonald are locked up for 2 more years (through 2016). Gaines and Joyner are under contract for 3 more years (through 2017).

Jenkins & Tru are under contract through next season and hit UFA in 2016. Luckily with the depth we have at CB I think we let one go and sign the other (imo Johnson).

In addition I'd like us to target FS Devin McCourty this offseason. He's considered by most to be the top FS on the market, but Imo won't command Byrd or Goldson type cash. It will be a larger contract, but we can afford it with the money we'll save from cutting Bradford and Jake Long. McCourty is the missing piece that is keeping our back end from becoming a dominant unit.