Day Two

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, what will we see tonight?

I have a feeling more trades are in store. If there is a run on safeties early, look for the Rams to trade back into the 2nd round to get one. It would probably take both 3rd round picks to do that.

Or maybe the Rams have already resigned Quintin Mikell and are waiting to announce that Monday which may make them willing to sit tight and get one with the 9th pick of the 3rd?

How do you see it?

RamsNation

Rookie
Idk honestly but I want to get back into the 2nd round.At the same time I don't want to give up both 3rd rounders.We can still get quality with those 2 and we still need 1/2 safety's,and Oline,and don't forget about CB.All we have right now ate Janoris,Tru and Courtland.I think we pick up a CB if the value is their.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Its going to be difficult to move back into the 2nd rd.
Rams might be better off just standing pat and using the two 3rd rounders today.

Simba

Rookie
mojorizen7 said:
Its going to be difficult to move back into the 2nd rd.
Rams might be better off just standing pat and using the two 3rd rounders today.
Can't we use our 2014 picks too for a 2° round trade?Can We?With the compensatory they should be eleven ...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
By ideal R3 pickups would be Barrett Jones (OL) and Phillip Thomas (S) they may slip, you never know...

That's all I can say is Sead / Fisher know what they're doing and also know the cap room they have left ;)

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Watching the presser last night when JT asked about moving back up both Fish and Snead were very coy about not saying anything. I wouldn't be shocked if they made more moves.

If not, there is still some good talent in rd3. So far a great start though.

jap

Legend
bwdenverram said:
Watching the presser last night when JT asked about moving back up both Fish and Snead were very coy about not saying anything. I wouldn't be shocked if they made more moves.

If not, there is still some good talent in rd3. So far a great start though.

There is good talent in Round Three, but there is even more in Round Two. With us needing safeties, another WR, a CB or two, a RB and others, it would be really sweet to somehow slide back into Round Two. Ideally, it would be nice to get high in Round Two to snare a prime time safety (Cyprien?).

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm with you guys on moving up. I would rather draft 3 "sure" things we need (already have 2 great picks) and give up the later rounds. Get a superstar in the 2nd and give up the 3rds. Every year we send a bunch of picks packing or to the practice squad by the start of the season. Let's get a few high quality immediate impact players this draft for a change and keep the herd thin when we have to cut players.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamsSince1969 said:
I'm with you guys on moving up. I would rather draft 3 "sure" things we need (already have 2 great picks) and give up the later rounds. Get a superstar in the 2nd and give up the 3rds. Every year we send a bunch of picks packing or to the practice squad by the start of the season. Let's get a few high quality immediate impact players this draft for a change and keep the herd thin when we have to cut players.

See I'd be happy trading that low third for a mid to late second giving up our 4th and 5th,getting a real second round tallent at safety use the Buffalo third for BPA on a line or lb and then draft TJ Moe in the 6th .
IF they all stick 5 players plus the group we have from last year would be one HELL of a core of players coming of age together with a 7th year QB,sumbitch that is friggin encouraging.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Ram team officials and ROD'ers will have a long time to wait before we get to play tonight. The Rams will wait till the 38 selection before having a pick In the 3rd round @ #71. Then we will wait almost to the very end of the second day some 21 selections later & five rounds till the drafts conclusion to select the second time. So 38 very good prospects will come off the boards before we get ours!

<a class="postlink" href="http://fansided.com/2013/04/26/updated-2013-nfl-draft-order-rounds-2-and-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fansided.com/2013/04/26/updated- ... s-2-and-3/</a>

Not really sure how many of those touted safeties will be there after 38 selections have gone by. if the Rams do want to get into this free for all its going to cost us selections some of our third day picks maybe all of them. Not worth it to me since the Rams have no $$ to spend on any free agents of note. So those third day 2013 picks are more valuable to the Rams than most have any ideal.

Since the Rams will be in much better $$$ shape in 2014 they could approach it in a balance way & use one of our two first round picks in 2014 to trade back into this 2013 second round. Since next yr they are allegedly to be flush with cap space to purchase more UFA's if desired. Draft picks in 2014 may not be as valuable to the Rams next yr as this season.

The Bengals, Bills, Patriots & 9ers all have two selections tonight a 2014 first round pick might get you in the game. Those touted safeties like Cyprien, Swearinger & Shamarko Thomas are all rated to go higher than our 3rd round pick. Better chance of landing a RB or a WR when its our time IMO.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22140251/nfl-draft-best-prospects-available-after-day-one" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog ... er-day-one</a>

In the Third Rd. I would be looking @ CB Darius Slay, TE Vance McDonald or WR Wheaton