Davis, Armstrong, Cunningham, Helmick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
What are the chances these UDFA's (Cody Davis, RayRay Armstrong, Benny Cunningham and Andrew Helmick) make the Rams final roster? I know they all have tough competition at their respective positions but is seems (at least from what I have read) like they are all doing pretty well and at least have a decent chance at making the Rams final roster? I really like how the Rams have drafted and many of the UDFA's they have signed the past couple of years! It is definitely a welcome relief from some of the past drafts before Fisher & Snead came to town!

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd say that Davis, Armstrong, and Helmick have a pretty good chance, especially Davis and Armstrong. Cunningham is most likely a PS candidate.

A55VA6

Legend
I can almost guarantee Ray Ray makes the team. The other guys I'm curious to see if they make it. At this point I really don't know. I hope Helmick makes the team. The dude can run.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
I'd say that Davis, Armstrong, and Helmick have a pretty good chance, especially Davis and Armstrong. Cunningham is most likely a PS candidate.

With Pead's suspension for Week One, Cunningham may get a pass. There will be two roster spots available for WEEK ONE, due to the suspensions, so depending on what positions may have injury issues, (Safety, DT), they may impact the decision on which guys get an additional week.

FLramFAN

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:

Assuming the running backs slot like this:
1 - Richardson
2 - Pead
3 - Stacey

You've got to think Cunningham is #4. I'd love to see him run with the first team offense in this next game. Give him 4 or 5 carries and see what he can do. He's capable of returning kicks, though not extremely effective and I think he's playing on other special teams as well. In looking at what the Rams have now, I believe Cunningham makes the team. If an experienced RB from another team get's cut, and the Rams see the need for the experience, I'd bet Cunningham the PS RB.

Ganaway just isn't catching on and while he's a big back, he's not a physically punishing guy. Even in college, he could hit the hole but would rather try to run around people as opposed to over them. I'd bet Ganaway gets cut. But maybe PS.

Chase Reynolds is a guy I just love. But... He's either a PS guy or a cut. He's got a ton of heart and is a high effort, overachieving guy. But he's just not good enough to be anything other than an emergency guy.

Eric Stevens... Who?

Am I missing anyone?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
FLramFAN said:
bluecoconuts said:

Assuming the running backs slot like this:
1 - Richardson
2 - Pead
3 - Stacey

You've got to think Cunningham is #4. I'd love to see him run with the first team offense in this next game. Give him 4 or 5 carries and see what he can do. He's capable of returning kicks, though not extremely effective and I think he's playing on other special teams as well. In looking at what the Rams have now, I believe Cunningham makes the team. If an experienced RB from another team get's cut, and the Rams see the need for the experience, I'd bet Cunningham the PS RB.

Ganaway just isn't catching on and while he's a big back, he's not a physically punishing guy. Even in college, he could hit the hole but would rather try to run around people as opposed to over them. I'd bet Ganaway gets cut. But maybe PS.

Chase Reynolds is a guy I just love. But... He's either a PS guy or a cut. He's got a ton of heart and is a high effort, overachieving guy. But he's just not good enough to be anything other than an emergency guy.

Eric Stevens... Who?

Am I missing anyone?

Based on what has looked like the "plan" thus far, Cunningham may be the guy who sits this week in Denver, so Stacy gets his turn. Just a hunch.

Don't be surprised to see Chase Reynolds steal a roster spot in much the same way that Dominique Curry did a couple of years ago. He seems to be earning a spot as one of the "core" special teams guys. I am not saying he will figure into the mix as a RB, other than someone who can come in if something extraordinary happens on a giving Sunday.

Every time you think they will replace him, he just keeps "showing up" and wont go away.

lockdnram21

Legend
I would say Armstrong, Davis, and Cunningham are locks to make the team. Helmick has a chance but he has radway and justin v on his tail. The rams might not even keep 6 receivers because cook is more of a wr then a te

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think Cunningham is in as the 4th RB. If Ganaway was really in the mix they wouldn't let him actually let him touch the ball at least once just to say they did , right?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Davis, Armstrong, Cunningham, and Helmick...

In that order I'd say their chances. I think the first 3 make it, so far.

nighttrain

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
i'd say you pretty much nailed in BC
train

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
albefree69 said:
I wouldn't count out my man Veltung just yet.

I completely agree with this. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Veltung made the final cut.

In completely-unrelated news, this is my 2,000th post! Yes!

:ja:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Memento contemplating what to serve at his party:

Celebration party at your house? I'll bring some Johnnie Walker Green and a six pack of Old Brown Dog. :bg:

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
Memento contemplating what to serve at his party:

Celebration party at your house? I'll bring some Johnnie Walker Green and a six pack of Old Brown Dog. :bg:
never drank any ol brown dog, had some Mule Deer Beer, But the Johnnie Walker, i'd give that dog a try:)
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I've actually tasted Johnnie Walker Green, Gold and Blue at the same sitting and they barely taste like the same alcohol. I liked Green the best even though it's cheaper than Gold and a small fraction of the cost of Blue.