Davis arm strength lacking

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I like this obsessive beat on one subject continuously side of you RFIP, missed it in the post draft months but good to see it's back.

RamWoodie

Legend
Here's the bottom line. Austin Davis' QB rating...what was it? The game against the Bucs...who won? (y)

Lastly...Dallas is next. Austin Davis is the starter from how it looks today. Does he get it done? We'll know Sunday.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That clutch 3rd down pass facing pressure throwing down the seam to a well covered Pettis was amazing. I like Bradford, but that's one of the best plays I've seen a Ram QB make in a long time.

For the record, that pass was under thrown. Pettis made one hell of an adjustment on that ball and held on. But yes, Davis totally took that hit. I was impressed.

jjab360

Legend
No it's not a scape goat, it's my non biased opinion of the Rams coaching staff. Again this is my 'imo', just as you have yours. My 'imo' is not a scapegoat it's my 'imo.' I can call your 'imo' a blind biased assessment of our favorite team the Rams who have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL for 7 straight years. And while having one of the worst offenses - wait not just in the NFL but in the HISTORY of the NFL for a 7 year span - the team has been building a defense that has only been top 10 for 1 of those years...so to recap:

7 straight years of one of the worst offenses in NFL HISTORY over that span.
7 straight years of a mediocre defense while having this terrible offense.
Draft Bradford 1st overall who has amazing potential but then fail to provide the coaches necessary to build upon that potential and create a superstar QB. Had we traded that pick for Berger and Steelers draft Bradford, under Arians Bradford would've been great. And with that coaching staff and team he would've been as good or better than Berger.

Fisher has been here for 3 of those years now - almost half of that span. So in my opinion, I'm not sold on Fisher or his staff as coaches that will EVER have a GOOD offense. And I don't think anyone on Fisher's staff can mold a QB into one that can be anything other than a decent game manager. Fact is into his 3rd season Fisher is a major disappointment. I think it's pretty clear that unless Austin Davis is the next Kurt Warner or Drew Brees (minus the QB genius coaches they had/have), we are going to have a losing season. And based on our performance thus far our defense will be mediocre again and our offense will be bottom 10 again.

I'm over it and ready to move on. We all have our opinions, these are mine and they're fair based on the output of the Rams over the last 7 years. Not saying they're right or wrong but they're fair.
Interesting rant. Didn't see much to do with one specific QB coach, Frank Cignetti, though. You called him out specifically, yet your rant was about the entire team over the span of 7 years..

Ramatik

Starter
No it's not a scape goat, it's my non biased opinion of the Rams coaching staff. Again this is my 'imo', just as you have yours. My 'imo' is not a scapegoat it's my 'imo.' I can call your 'imo' a blind biased assessment of our favorite team the Rams who have had one of the worst offenses in the NFL for 7 straight years. And while having one of the worst offenses - wait not just in the NFL but in the HISTORY of the NFL for a 7 year span - the team has been building a defense that has only been top 10 for 1 of those years...so to recap:

7 straight years of one of the worst offenses in NFL HISTORY over that span.
7 straight years of a mediocre defense while having this terrible offense.
Draft Bradford 1st overall who has amazing potential but then fail to provide the coaches necessary to build upon that potential and create a superstar QB. Had we traded that pick for Berger and Steelers draft Bradford, under Arians Bradford would've been great. And with that coaching staff and team he would've been as good or better than Berger.

Fisher has been here for 3 of those years now - almost half of that span. So in my opinion, I'm not sold on Fisher or his staff as coaches that will EVER have a GOOD offense. And I don't think anyone on Fisher's staff can mold a QB into one that can be anything other than a decent game manager. Fact is into his 3rd season Fisher is a major disappointment. I think it's pretty clear that unless Austin Davis is the next Kurt Warner or Drew Brees (minus the QB genius coaches they had/have), we are going to have a losing season. And based on our performance thus far our defense will be mediocre again and our offense will be bottom 10 again.

I'm over it and ready to move on. We all have our opinions, these are mine and they're fair based on the output of the Rams over the last 7 years. Not saying they're right or wrong but they're fair.

Isn't "My IMO" just a tad redundant?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's too tall to play qb at a high level.
Russell Wilson is shorter.

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
Davis's arm strength is underwhelming. However, I disagree that he's a see it throw it QB. That's definitely not what I observed. He made some throws while under pressure that necessitated getting the ball out to a spot ahead of when the receiver was coming open.
The pressure also led to some releases early in his motion which causes the ball to float some.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He threw an absolute laser on the first TD today. Plenty of arm strength.
Now if he could just block for himself...

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nick Foles of the Eagles was floating some ducks up there! Talk about no arm strength!