Dave Razzano

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2011/12/12292011113812.mp3[/mp3]

Notes:

(on potential coaching candidates)
Fisher is very well liked, everyone likes working with him (Shaw liked him, and he was a Ram before), but he only had 6 winning seasons (2 of last 7 seasons). Most, if not all, with McNair. Gruden might come back. He's still young, and he likes to coach, but I dunno if he's ready to come back now. Maybe a couple more years. I like Bobby April. He'd be at the top of my list if I was interviewing guys. Jerry Gray would be a good head coach too.

(on Bradford)
People turning on Sam Bradford because of a bad second season, but he's very similar to Troy Aikman. J.J. wasn't sold on Aikman either, and that's why they selected Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft. Bradford can take the Rams to the top. They just need to build the team around him. Look at the supporting cast around Brees and Rodgers.

Your top guys go down right away, you have offensive line issues, tight ends going down, defensive issues... I'd take Bradford in a New York minute. He's a Franchise guy, he's got a great arm, he's smart, he has all the intangibles, and you can go anywhere you want with him.

(Luck a better prospect than Bradford?)
No, I wouldn't have a higher grade on Andrew Luck over Bradford. Bradford's more of a pure passer. Luck has a good deep ball, and he's a big, physical guy, but as far as just a pure arm and accuracy, I'd have to give the nod to Bradford over Luck.

(about the Rams' draft pick)
I'd trade the pick and get multiple picks in return. The Rams need so much help, but they have their QB. They really need to hit on those middle round picks, and that's the key. Rounds 3-7.

Stuff about RG3
Stuff about Tebow

(On Justin Blackmon)
I would never take those guys so high (like Millen). He's going to be great, but you can get receivers like Colston and Wallace in the later rounds if you do your homework.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
X said:
Jerry Gray would be a good head coach too.
Wow, really? Jerry Gray, one of my favorite Rams players. That's be cool, although, I have absolutely no feel for him as a coach.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
X said:
Wow, really? Jerry Gray, one of my favorite Rams players. That's be cool, although, I have absolutely no feel for him as a coach.
Yeah, that kinda popped out at me too. Razzano seems to think he could pull it off though. I don't have any idea how or why he thinks that, but it was an intriguing name to be sure.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
interference said:
X said:
Yeah, that kinda popped out at me too. Razzano seems to think he could pull it off though. I don't have any idea how or why he thinks that, but it was an intriguing name to be sure.
Big fan of Jerry Gray the player.

Thank God professional scouts and personnel people are coming out on Bradford. Makes me feel better as I always try to evaluate players objectively. Bradford is still the man.
animated-smileys-bananas-006.gif

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
No, I wouldn't have a higher grade on Andrew Luck over Bradford. Bradford's more of a pure passer. Luck has a good deep ball, and he's a big, physical guy, but as far as just a pure arm and accuracy, I'd have to give the nod to Bradford over Luck.

Damn straight Bradford > Luck.

I still say if Bradford declared in 2009? He'd be on the Lions. 2010 he went to the Rams. 2011? He'd be on the Panthers. If he was going in 2012, Luck would be like Barkley. Bradford can do it all.

superfan24

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

I still say if Bradford declared in 2009? He'd be on the Lions. 2010 he went to the Rams. 2011? He'd be on the Panthers. If he was going in 2012, Luck would be like Barkley. Bradford can do it all.

I know everyone is saying Luck is this great prospect, but I didn't see the once in a lifetime talent in the 3 games I watched Stanford play this year.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
superfan24 said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

I know everyone is saying Luck is this great prospect, but I didn't see the once in a lifetime talent in the 3 games I watched Stanford play this year.
I saw a lot of his games. Honestly, he looked better last year. I think he came into this year a little heavy. Bradford without a question, has a better arm.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
superfan24 said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

I saw a lot of his games. Honestly, he looked better last year. I think he came into this year a little heavy. Bradford without a question, has a better arm.

Thats one reason why I dont like QBs going back to school. Theres really nothing he could have done to improve himself this season from a NFL scouting perspective. He just opens himself up to more scrutiny. One trait that makes Luck so coveted is his football intelligence. Thats why you have the Manning comparisons.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-football/post/_/id/4330/shaw-continues-to-campaign-for-luck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-footba ... n-for-luck</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
DR RAM said:
superfan24 said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:

Thats one reason why I dont like QBs going back to school. Theres really nothing he could have done to improve himself this season from a NFL scouting perspective. He just opens himself up to more scrutiny. One trait that makes Luck so coveted is his football intelligence. Thats why you have the Manning comparisons.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-football/post/_/id/4330/shaw-continues-to-campaign-for-luck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-footba ... n-for-luck</a>
I hope he and RGIII continue to "awe" people well into their private workouts and beyond. All the way up until the day of the draft. I hope GMs try to climb over each other to get to the phone and call the Rams to get their pick. I hope they throw out outrageous trade offers and then try to outbid each other until there are 60 seconds remaining on the clock.

Then we can sit back and laugh all the way through the next 3 drafts with our multiple first and second rounders. There's nothing wrong with Bradford. Nothing that can't be corrected with some heavy lifting on offense and a few minor tweaks to his mechanics. He's still every bit the guy people thought he was coming out.

Gil Brandt said it best when he watched his pro day last year.

[textarea]NORMAN, Okla. — Sam Bradford’s workout Monday in front of representatives for all 32 NFL teams at Oklahoma’s pro day almost left me speechless. And that’s saying something.

Bradford threw 63 passes (13 during a stationary period and 50 scripted throws) during the workout and, in my estimation, didn’t have one that was uncatchable. He moved around well, including throwing on the run out of the pocket, and went through the entire route tree. The scripted workout included three-, five- and seven-step drops, shotgun, and play-action plays, plus sprints and rollouts to both sides.

It really was a treat to watch, and I think everyone here was in awe of Bradford’s performance. In fact, he put on the best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California.[/textarea]
Give it up, Holmgren. FORK OVER YOUR PICKS FOR THREE YEARS, BABY!