Dat OLine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
The offensive line had a great game today. An amazing game IMO. I haven't seen many people posting about it, but they were crucial for the W.

Anyone know when the last time the Rams didn't give up any sacks?

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really? Alright, I feel a little stupid. I figured it'd been a while. Heh...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Dont i only knew cause i read it on here just about an hour ago

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well before that it was a very long time. The game against the Bucs marked the first time in Bradford's career that he wasn't sacked in a game, followed it up with Seattle and now tonight.

It's an easy stat to forget.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought the O-Line looked very good as well. Hope it continues to play well. Give Sam time and he can be deadly.

Graphicker

Starter
Callais Cambelll and Darnell Docket were invisible the whole game. Those guys are elite..

Not only that! But the holes in the run game where there. It was a good day.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well not to be a downer but Long held on one play where the no sack game woulda been a one sack game, got called ,probably did the right thing.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Guy Mansworth said:
Really? Alright, I feel a little stupid. I figured it'd been a while. Heh...

Haha no you're spot on man. The blocked awesome for Sam. Heck, even Richardson had a hundred total yards, good stuff.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Thordaddy said:
Well not to be a downer but Long held on one play where the no sack game woulda been a one sack game, got called ,probably did the right thing.

Yup. He did the correct thing. It was actually a WWE move you would have been proud of! :rofl:

bskrilla

Starter
Thordaddy said:

If you're gonna hold at least keep the QB clean. I'll take 1 holding penalty a game if it keeps that 1 extra hit off Bradford every game.

V3

Hall of Fame
Graphicker said:
Callais Cambelll and Darnell Docket were invisible the whole game. Those guys are elite..

Umm...the run blocking averaged 2.8 yards a carry. That isn't good.

I will say the O line pass protected well yesterday. The run blocking is still an issue in my opinion and I'm not going to say the O line was great yesterday until they play well in both facets of the game.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
V3 said:
Graphicker said:

I will say the O line pass protected well yesterday. The run blocking is still an issue in my opinion and I'm not going to say the O line was great yesterday until they play well in both facets of the game.

This is pretty much what I came here to say. Wasn't sure if this thread would be about the good pass protection or the poor run blocking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was a much better start to the season from the OL than last season when three starters were injured or moved from their original posts due to injury. Saffold is no way as good on the Right side than on the left he permitted more than his fair share of pressures. KUdos for him returning back in after a series he went out with that right knee sprain. The major running hole came from the right side most between Wells & Harvey Dahl. Harvey seems to be the only consistent hole opener. Most of the big gains up the middle came from those heavy bearded old men Harvey & Wells blocks.

The OLG post held up fairly well not much on run blocking but his pass blocking was good. So the entire Ram OL were on the field still upright till the end...Long & Saffold will be sore but at least we will not be running to the waver wires and looking for replacements for injured OL'ers. Barksdale got in to finish one series & also did well. OG/OC Barnes played on ST's & OG Shelley Smith was not seen.

In conclusion this is a very big deal for us but the real improvement came from Sam Bradford he did a lot to help the OL out against the Cards. The more the OL played the better they got ....that's :cheers: what we want. Theses five vets needs to play together & the more they stay together the better they will get. Saffold if he can remain healthy can be something special when he finally gets the RIGHT OT down pat.

nighttrain

Legend
V3 said:
Graphicker said:

run blocking maybe, but RB's for sure, and throw in some early doubtful play calling from Shott. Thank goodness he opened it up in the 2nd half
train

iced

V3 said:
Graphicker said:

i think this had to do more with richardson being injured.

I didn't like him out there with his toe's taped up - didn't look the same to me.

guess it was better than cunningham or stacy

Ram_of_Old

It all starts up front. The O line is huge factor in our success. It seems Bradford had the time and found Cook and Austin his go to guys....hhmmm

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Graphicker said:

Yeah but Callais wasn't 100% (I think it was hamstring) and there was some wondering if he was even gonna play.

And it's a new system for those guys.

Also 27 points scored...all by Rams offense. Minus two FGs and add what really should be 2 TDs and it's 35 points.

Graphicker

Starter
It had to do with Richardson. Man Our RB rarely got touched in the back field. We were gashing them for 4-5 yards per pop.
The line had a great push yesterday.