Dashon Goldson visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've heard this sort of thing before ... though it makes more sense than Whitner because Goldson has been a FS. If the Rams think last year's resurgence is legit this is a good (potential) move.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will be interesting if we sign Whitner and Goldson. They used to play together in SF..

…..

Legend
Southern California native, 7 year starter.

Was traded by Tampa along with a 7th round pick to Washington for a 6th round pick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Curious, how did Whitner & Gholson play after leaving SF??? What is Snisher looking for???

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Thank you but no. I like the UDFA's we signed at FS over him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The below site is mostly pure Ram haters but never the less they do carry some interesting information.

Just out of curiosity, are there any NFL sites that aren't Rams haters, that are fair and balanced towards all the teams? We can eliminate ESPN and Rams Talk right from the start.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I like his physicality, but he is a penalty machine. Not much of a ball hawk either, but he did alright with a good rush in SF. Maybe he could get his hands on a couple more balls with Donald, Quinn and Hayes getting after the QB? If he's cheap I'm with it. If the QB hangs a ball over the middle, call the meat wagon because he will light the receiver up 10 out of 10 times.

I could see a scenario of signing both Goldson and Whitner. I could see Whitner sliding over to Barron's old post in Big Nickel and Hybrid looks. Goldson would be the deep Free Safety.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The below site is mostly pure Ram haters but never the less they do carry some interesting information. They have very little good to say about this ex Redskin safety. But I am sure if he was signed by the Patriots ...they would change their tune & would be hailed as a brilliant signing.
Read with caution.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/4444/dashon-goldson

Ruh Roh was speculation of a suspension for TJ.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The below site is mostly pure Ram haters but never the less they do carry some interesting information. They have very little good to say about this ex Redskin safety. But I am sure if he was signed by the Patriots ...they would change their tune & would be hailed as a brilliant signing.
Read with caution.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/4444/dashon-goldson

The line I noticed in every description...
One of the worst safeties in the league last season,

LOL

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Curious, how did Whitner & Gholson play after leaving SF??? What is Snisher looking for???
This is a great question. I guess the obvious answer is they are always looking to help our team compete this year by filling a need, and they are the experts that see the team better than anyone. The best argument is probably that they bring NFL experience, but I can't help but personally feel that neither guy has a skill set the Rams defense needs. Most important is whatever they might bring would not offset or overcome what the Rams would lose out in opportunity cost -- the cost of not being able to put those precious roster spots/salary cap to other needs/younger, higher talent-ceiling players that can grow with the team. What has me so excited about the Rams right now is how everything is pointed to not just being a contender now but all signs pointing to being even better the following year, the year after that, and for all the foreseeable future. Signing either of these guys would represent a depressing step backwards in my view.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Goldson and Whitner are probably the best vet safety options out there. I prefer Whitner, but at this point I think I would rather go with the youth movement. Rams brought in a ton of young safety options. The guy who rises to the top will be battle tested I would like to see what they could do. In terms of what we already have I'm curious what Alexander, Davis, or Joyner can do there. Davis is the least talented, but he is the most natural FS