1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Daryl Richardson

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Mojo Ram, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

DRich has lost a lot of confidence on this board it seems. IMO he still has a role here as a change of pace guy that we can develop if used correctly. I'm not sure you can develop vision or lack thereof, but you can develop hands and pass pro.
    I've never suffered a turf toe injury. Some info:
    http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/turf-toe-symptoms-causes-and-treatments

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/18/5322530/daryl-richardson-injury-toe-zac-stacy

A healthy DRich's stats week one vs Arizona last season:
    20 carries 63 yards 3.2/carry
    5 receptions 33 yards 6.6/rec

I think we can all agree that he isn't a feature back, but if used properly he has a role here IMO. He has the speed that Stacy doesn't.

I am hoping that we draft a 3rd down-type back in the mid rounds to compliment Z.Stacy and fits more naturally into our shotgun sets w/Bradford. Pead hasn't been that guy.
    Thoughts?

RamsFan14 and ReddingRam like this.
  2. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Honestly, I thought going into the season with DRich as our #1 back was not going to be a good move. I'm really not all that convinced that Fish thought it would be any kind of a long term answer. Unfortunately it seems that Pead is a total knucklehead or I really think he would have had the lead role heading into the season. As I said before, I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be on the outside looking in this season if he sticks with the team at all.

The Rammer and rhinobean like this.
  3. ReddingRam Well-Known Member

I'd still not be opposed to draft another in the mid-late Rd's. In a run heavy offense, you can never have enough quality RB's .... maybe push Chase Reynolds off the team...

4. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Someone mentioned somewhere, or i read it somewhere that in today's NFL where RB's are undervalued...its a good idea to draft one every year to keep the stable competitive and stocked. I tend to agree with that philosophy.

5. Dagonet Grillin and Chillin

Funny how times change eh?

The Rammer and RamsFan14 like this.
  6. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Yep. I have brought that up several times in the argument over where O-linemen should go in the draft. RBs used to dominate the top of the draft.

Dagonet and RamsFan14 like this.
  7. rdlkgliders Well-Known Member

I can't recall anytime in my lifetime as an NFL fan that RB's have had a lower draft value. The league is a big circle in strategy with trends coming and going only to eventually be replaced by a revamped philosophy of the past.
    PS Dickerson used to get turf toe it would usually hold him to 1500 + yards in those years

The Rammer, Dagonet and SierraRam like this.
  8. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Turf toe used to get Eric Dickerson'd.

The Rammer and rdlkgliders like this.
  9. rdlkgliders Well-Known Member

You are quick my friend. come on draft I am sooooo booorrrred.

10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

No kidding.

11. HE WITH HORNS Well-Known Member

He might have been a good back if Schotty didn't try to run him right up the middle every single play. And, if he was healthy, which he was not.

The Rammer, Zaphod and RamzFanz like this.
  12. RamzFanz Well-Known Member Pit Boss

It was a joke. Up the middle, up the middle, up the middle. I had no idea why Schotty was doing it and Fisher wasn't stopping him. DR is an edge rusher.

Ramrasta likes this.
  13. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

He looked great on screens though.

14. Ramrasta The Knight Owl

I think we are in a good situation at RB and I expect Richardson to retake a significant role in the team. We have Stacy and Cunningham as our slower, power runners to pound up the middle, so we really need Richardson as the change of pace back on the edges with is blazing speed.

Mojo Ram and RamzFanz like this.
  15. Dodgersrf Well-Known Member

Speaking of blazing speed...The other day I was thinking how fun it would have been to see Barry Sanders run behind the line Emmit Smith had in Dallas.

16. Ramrasta The Knight Owl

Unfortunately, that will never happen but at least we will get to see Zac Stacy rise into the ranks of the best RBs in the league currently (fingers crossed)

Dodgersrf likes this.
  17. NateTheRam New Member

Yeah that's what he's good at, screen plays and catching the ball on the outside.

18. SierraRam Recreational User

There are some decent mid-round backs in this draft & we should consider one of them. Durability is a concern with all our backs - except Pead (who gets cut if the rook works out) ​

19. ramsrams New Member

I do this thing on a Skins board. 10 years now.

Three years ago, I said "He can turn the corner".

Sho nuff, he did in that game, for 55 or something like that.

But Shotty knows better than any of us. Up the middle with crap interior OL always works. smh

Dagonet likes this.
  20. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

Our running game in the beginning of the season was pathetic. Rich went down with first contact every time. Our young WR's had to carry the load and defenses weren't fooled. It was an early season disaster.

Last year was such a waste of year in several ways, IMO.

Rich just didnt do it for me but he's an OK 3rd string. I'd love to have another guy like Cunningham and Stacy. Tre Mason would be awesome but that's just me.

rhinobean likes this.