Darren McFadden and the danger of dropping your phone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Where's our resident Cowboy's pal, @Rynie to chime in on this?
nfl_a_jonesj_576.jpg

He dropped what?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...arren-mcfadden-elbow-injury-surgery/85867556/

Cowboys' Darren McFadden injures elbow trying to save cell phone
Eric Prisbell, USA TODAY Sports

IRVING, Texas — Sometime over Memorial Day weekend, Dallas Cowboys running back Darren McFadden tried to catch his falling cell phone while at home and landed on his elbow, breaking the bone.

“Cracked his elbow instead of the phone,” said Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown, who recounted the story Tuesday at the team’s minicamp.

Not knowing the extent of the injury, McFadden practiced last week at the team’s organized team activities. A physical Monday revealed the fracture.

McFadden, who ranked fourth in the league in rushing with 1,089 yards last season, underwent surgery Tuesday morning and is expected to be sidelined a few months, coach Jason Garrett said. There is a “possibility” that McFadden could return by the start of the regular season.

That McFadden practiced last week with a broken elbow made an impression on teammates.

“I am impressed,” veteran tight end Jason Witten said. “I actually saw it at a couple of those practices and it was pretty swollen up … He’s a pretty tough dude to practice through that.”

The Cowboys have other options at running back, including highly touted Ezekiel Elliott, who was the fourth overall pick in April's NFL draft. They also signed Alfred Morris in the offseason.

“It really doesn’t change much at all honestly,” Elliott said. “It just means more reps with the first team, but you hate seeing one of your guys go down. You hate to see one of your warriors wounded. But he’s going to be around a lot.”

Teammates said McFadden has had an impact that’s extended beyond the field, noting that he’s become one of the team leaders. From that standpoint, his absence will hurt.

“It’s huge,” Brown said. “For a guy like that, who is our leader, a guy we look to for guidance and leadership, it’s going to be hard for these young guys. We’ve got to rally. We can’t wallow in it.”

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Did this happen on draft day?
He probably hurt his elbow throwing his phone

Ram65

Legend
Your phone is the life line of your life!

Don't loose it or drop it!!!!!!

Nice save DMcF!

Ram65

Legend
Health.

Let Quinn work back to his old self without setbacks and the rest of this group just stay healthy. If that happens they are going to prove themselves to be an elite defense.

I don't know how many defenses could have lost a starting CB, RDE, and WILL LB not to mention deal with guys slowed or coming back from injuries at MLB (bicep think it was had him playing with one arm) and LDE and still fielded a 13th ranked group in scoring allowed. Health is the key and if the Rams get some fortune on their side they're in business.

That is what Gregg Williams was saying over and over. My first thought too!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dropping a phone is dangerous? You should see what happens when you glance down at it on the fwy....Damn google maps! Wish I could post the pic of my wifes car....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyway re: McFadden... Heard it happened in the team shower. Need @Rynie to confirm.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Does America have a National NO CELL PHONE day? It would be fun to watch people squirming around in public places looking like fish out of water that's for sure. :)
download (8).jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Does America have a National NO CELL PHONE day? It would be fun to watch people squirming around in public places looking like fish out of water that's for sure. :)
View attachment 14177

Had lunch out with my girlie girl today.

As we were being taken to the booth for whatever reason I was looking around at everyone in my line of sight on that walk and everyone in my line of sight when we sat. Almost everyone was texting or surfing on a phone or in some cases a tablet. Even some really, really old people. Though they probably only managed to fire off one or two texts since they were moving slowly LOL.

There were only a couple of people that I didn't notice picking up their phone, most people fidgeted with them nonstop.

I'm glad I'm in control of my phone and not the other way around!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Am I the last one left that doesn't have a cell phone?

enTek4w.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

seriously? dumbarse. when my phone falls out of my grasp my foot locks in under it to soften the impact. i have never tried to dive for it to catch it with my hand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Am I the last one left that doesn't have a cell phone?

enTek4w.gif

it's the 21st century primetime. and it's not a phone anymore, it's a portable computer. that's why people are looking at it instead of talking into it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
it's the 21st century primetime. and it's not a phone anymore, it's a portable computer. that's why people are looking at it instead of talking into it.

Oh I know what it is. My wife, son, and everyone else I know has one. But for now I have no need for one.

200.gif

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Translation: he injured himself doing some activity he wasn't supposed to be doing according to his contract