Darrelle Revis Available For Trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Jason La Canfora/@JasonLaCanfora

Teams calling the Bucs to inquire about Darrelle Revis, and some rival execs believe he is ripe to be dealt at start of league year ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-think-revis-could-be-available-for-trade/

Report: Teams think Revis could be available for trade
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2014

Last year, Jason La Canfora of CBS broke the news that the Jets were shopping cornerbackDarrelle Revis. This year, La Canfora reports that other teams believe the team Revis currently plays for could be inclined to trade him.

Per La Canfora, teams already are inquiring about Revis, and some teams believe he’s ripe to be traded at the outset of the league year.

The reason for a move is obvious. Despite the player’s skills, he doesn’t entirely fit with the system Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith will be running. Also, Revis has a $16 million salary cap number this year.

Last week at the Scouting Combine, Pro Football Talk on NBCSN asked Buccaneers G.M. Jason Licht whether an effort has been made to knock down that high cap number.

“We haven’t discussed that,” Licht said. “We’re in the midst of doing a lot of evaluating on our football team. Right now Darrelle Revis is an asset to our football team.”

Revis may indeed be an asset. An asset that can be flipped for other important assets who will better mesh with Lovie Smith’s intended defensive schemes.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
No, thanks.

Don't want a player who is a) past his best and b) changes franchise every year. The guy has no loyalty whatsoever; he's as mercenary as they come.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Revis is disloyal???? Crazy talk. He has played for 2 teams, and I am pretty sure he never wanted to leave the Jets in the first place. I wouldn't call the guy a mercenary by any means. Doesn't even sound like he is behind this chatter either. Oh, and he was a top 5 CB in the league last year. If that is "past your best", then I don't know what to tell ya. I WISH we could afford him. I would LOVE to have Revis as a starting CB.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Agreed. Would prefer that the Rams stay with the youth movement. We have tremendous potential at the CB position. With G. Williams in charge even more so.

Just curious. Who in our secondary do you think compares favorably to Revis? Not trying to be a jerk, I am genuinely curious.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just curious. Who in our secondary do you think compares favorably to Revis? Not trying to be a jerk, I am genuinely curious.

Never said they compare favorably to Revis, just mentioned the potential that's there with whom we already have. I believe they were poorly used last season and that will change with Williams calling the shots. He's known for his aggressiveness. That said, it would be a good idea to draft a CB this season. You can never have enough good ones.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Give me Dennard/Gilbert then I would be excited about the secondary being able to play tight coverage

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, thanks.

Don't want a player who is a) past his best and b) changes franchise every year. The guy has no loyalty whatsoever; he's as mercenary as they come.

He was the highest ranked CB in the league again last year..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Agreed, and that is the ONLY valid reason we won't get him. Anything else about ability or our guys showing promise is ridiculous

We got bills to pay and their names are Bradford, Quinn, Saffold, and whatever FA's we can pony up the dough to sign.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed, and that is the ONLY valid reason we won't get him. Anything else about ability or our guys showing promise is ridiculous

I understand that the bottom fell out for Finnegan last season, I wasn't even considering him in my previous post. I was referring to the younger players. You really don't believe Janoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson have ability?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand that the bottom fell out for Finnegan last season, I wasn't even considering him in my previous post. I was referring to the younger players. You really don't believe Janoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson have ability?

Come now, I said nothing of the sort. Im saying trying to justify not signing Revis for any other reason besides money is ridiculous.