Darrell Henderson & Sony Michel "One - Two punch"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Poor Jake Funk —he is bitting at the bit.He is going to have to wait awhile.

You talk about wasting a draft pick ? The Rams needed that.Freaking Gurley….

Then if you want to stay at the now or the past? What happens with Sony?

Glad The Rams wasted a draft pick on Cam Akers as well.
I think you missed some sarcasm in @kurtfaulk post

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jake Funk emerges from the shadows.....

CmUWVLq.gif

Right on point Loyal. I don’t see injury in the future with these guys though.
HENDO is still playing with those ribs hurting. Dude is playing with a lot of confidence.

Sony on the other hand is an Oldschool(lol) type of RB. He gets down & dirty.north south type.
Tough East Coast attitude.

This Buddy Howell is intriguing at 225lbs. Then the little speedster Hawkins.- Jones on Ir ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think you missed some sarcasm in @kurtfaulk post
Not really, just adding to it with some of my own.There is truth to both post.

The question on draft picks though is still there. The Rams (Snead) has made these trades on player that are going to become Free Agents.The better Sony does the better the comp pick.
Jake Funk is hungry,but is still under contract for 4 years.Injury or no injury. The Rams are also going to ALWAYS try to improve & upgrade.

Coach Thomas also deserves a little credit.Les talked about Georgia connection when it came to Sony.
Last season with Cam Akers he did a good job with The Rams RB group.

Add he is also the Run Game coordinator taking over for Kromer.

HENDO also talks about the OLine & says without them up front there is no us. So it still is a team game.

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If Henderson had not missed a game, he’d likely be in the top ten in yardage.
I think he hits 1000 this season.

...was gonna make the same point. Don't sleep on this kid. Was really sweating it when Akers went down but looks like we're in good shape w/ DH & SM.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
...was gonna make the same point. Don't sleep on this kid. Was really sweating it when Akers went down but looks like we're in good shape w/ DH & SM.
Yup.
Henderson's currently on pace for 1200 in 16 games.
I'd like to see him get at least one, 100 yard game, to be honest. Just as a marker.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hendo is starting to block in the pass game much better. That is good to see.

I still think Henderson limits us offensively in the run game with his stiff hips. Much the same way Sony does. But Sony does power through some tackles for extra yards.

I would like to get Funk in there honestly.
Yeah I have definitely noticed a difference in Henderson's pass blocking. He is setting up pre-snap now in the right spot without any QB help or direction which shows that he is on the same page with the OL on the protections. Guy is doing a great job there.

I'm not a big fan of his running style either tbh. I prefer the backs who can squeeze out or power for more yards when they get contact. That said watch out for Henderson in the pass game going forward. Because that sluggo he ran yesterday for a TD is the kind of play that will get you more looks and early reads. If they can move him around and make the defense focus on him and worry about him in the pass game that's a great thing for everyone else.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Opposing DCs: "What? their damn RBs can catch now, too? Well F*** me in the ******* with a 2x4 sideways..."

No. Blue. Text.