Darnell Dockett

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I would take a flier.
I don't think Dockett will be playing for the Rams. They just cut Kendall Langford, a starting caliber DT in his prime, due to CAP hit. Dockett is going to be 34 and is coming of an ACL injury, don't see the Rams overpaying him and I doubt he will play for what they will offer.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
88327-larry-david-meh-gif-Imgur-crin-C8hW.gif

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I don't think Dockett will be playing for the Rams. They just cut Kendall Langford, a starting caliber DT in his prime, due to CAP hit. Dockett is going to be 34 and is coming of an ACL injury, don't see the Rams overpaying him and I doubt he will play for what they will offer.
I disagree. I think it would be a good fit. We could sign him to a one year prove it deal for the vet minimum. I'm sure he would love to play his old team twice a year. If he doesn't have anything left, cut him. I also believe we resign Langford if he doesn't find a starting spot somewhere. Plus, I'm sure Dockett would bring some leadership to a very young defensive line. He could teach Donald and Brockers some stuff I'm sure. But that's JMO.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I disagree. I think it would be a good fit. We could sign him to a one year prove it deal for the vet minimum. I'm sure he would love to play his old team twice a year. If he doesn't have anything left, cut him. I also believe we resign Langford if he doesn't find a starting spot somewhere. Plus, I'm sure Dockett would bring some leadership to a very young defensive line. He could teach Donald and Brockers some stuff I'm sure. But that's JMO.

All I know is every time I watch the guy, he's killing us! I'd take a look for the right price

ram007

Starter
Good to see cardinals losing talent. He was a great player for that team. Bring him in!

FRO

Legend
I think he would be great depth for us. We don't need a starter.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He plays like an all pro. If he's snap limited, he'd be a damned beast and on our DL, I can't imagine the havoc he'd wreck...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

No interest in Dockett from me and I can't in my wildest imagination see him signing for the vet minimum...He'll do much better than that in FA...Somebody needs some good depth...I think same with Langford, don't believe the Rams will want him at the price he gets from somebody else..Maybe not, but that's my opinion...I think the Rams have far more pressing issues than depth at what may well be their strongest position

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
No interest in Dockett from me and I can't in my wildest imagination see him signing for the vet minimum...He'll do much better than that in FA...Somebody needs some good depth...I think same with Langford, don't believe the Rams will want him at the price he gets from somebody else..Maybe not, but that's my opinion...I think the Rams have far more pressing issues than depth at what may well be their strongest position
Why wouldn't he sign for the vet min? He's coming off an ACL injury and he's 34. I think the best move for him in this point of his career is find a contender, and become a rotational player.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Why wouldn't he sign for the vet min? He's coming off an ACL injury and he's 34. I think the best move for him in this point of his career is find a contender, and become a rotational player.
2 words Washington Redskins

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Fuck him. Arrogant, cocky, dirty player. Idk if anyone remembers when he stomped Chris Williams' hand in 2013, but I don't forget that kind of shit. Hasn't played decent football since at least 2012. Pass

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
freak him. Arrogant, cocky, dirty player. Idk if anyone remembers when he stomped Chris Williams' hand in 2013, but I don't forget that kind of crap. Hasn't played decent football since at least 2012. Pass

Thank You ! For pointing this out! I rate him very low in my book. I thought Dockett was a 34 defense DL'er? I would hate to sign a over the hill UFA & then be unable to sign our own youthful NT Brockers. Sounds about right.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I think if I were him, if I couldn't get more than the vet minimum, I would take my wallet and head for the house...