Darius Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I’m kind curious if Morris changed his defensive approach without Jalen. We know Jalen gets moved all over to maximize his impact and we know Williams can play the star as well but obviously not as well. Was Williams moving around or did they scrap that for last nite’s game?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No idea but I am definitely gonna endure some shitty NFL All-22 this week. Haven't done that all season but that win was so good it will be worth the pain and misery of using that shit video system.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not kidding when I say they should consider playing Ramsey in that shell some. If Long can match that performance, moving forward, it would be real interesting. Scott was the biggest liability in those coverage situations, imo.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I'm not kidding when I say they should consider playing Ramsey in that shell some. If Long can match that performance, moving forward, it would be real interesting. Scott was the biggest liability in those coverage situations, imo.
Kareem Orr?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
One of the reasons I hate the Miller deal is because I expected a couple of CBs to be taken high this yr. Then that would give them more flexibility with Ramsey in the future.

Now their secondary likely won't be much better. Have to hope Rochelle blossoms next yr and maybe one rookie can help as well.

In fact this yrs class must step up next yr considering the lack of resources to add players this upcoming offseason.

Harris, Atwell, and especially Bobby Brown & Rochelle. Jones has already shown he will be a factor, but those other guys need to be players.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One of the reasons I hate the Miller deal is because I expected a couple of CBs to be taken high this yr. Then that would give them more flexibility with Ramsey in the future.

Now their secondary likely won't be much better. Have to hope Rochelle blossoms next yr and maybe one rookie can help as well.

In fact this yrs class must step up next yr considering the lack of resources to add players this upcoming offseason.

Harris, Atwell, and especially Bobby Brown & Rochelle. Jones has already shown he will be a factor, but those other guys need to be players.
Let's pray that Long started to turn the corner (no pun intended) last night and that Rochell can be good.
They really, really need a safety who can play deep.

Tano

Legend

Actually this is the one draft where having quite a few low round picks will still be helpful.

I believe the Rams still have 7 picks and I heard that some 6th round picks (we should have 4) may have been as high as 3rd round picks and definitely 4th round picks in this years draft.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually this is the one draft where having quite a few low round picks will still be helpful.

I believe the Rams still have 7 picks and I heard that some 6th round picks (we should have 4) may have been as high as 3rd round picks and definitely 4th round picks in this years draft.
I think they're gonna plug some holes this offseason with mid/low end signings in FA. Also keep a returning player like say Odell who just seems to fit.

Then take advantage of the depth of the draft I keep hearing so much about. Not that I've even looked at anyone tbh, haven't even watched much college ball this year either.

Rams seem to be masters of FA and cap though. So not worried even when things look bleak at certain positions. Wasn't too long ago I was pounding the desk for OL and they seem to do fine with their strategy of drafting/developing even if it does come with some annoying up and down BS.

If I had to guess re: draft priorities I'd think CB and RB will be key for us. Just based on who I expect to leave and all that.

Tano

Legend
I think they're gonna plug some holes this offseason with mid/low end signings in FA. Also keep a returning player like say Odell who just seems to fit.

Then take advantage of the depth of the draft I keep hearing so much about. Not that I've even looked at anyone tbh, haven't even watched much college ball this year either.

Rams seem to be masters of FA and cap though. So not worried even when things look bleak at certain positions. Wasn't too long ago I was pounding the desk for OL and they seem to do fine with their strategy of drafting/developing even if it does come with some annoying up and down BS.

If I had to guess re: draft priorities I'd think CB and RB will be key for us. Just based on who I expect to leave and all that.
I want some additional cover safeties since Burgess didn't work out

Rapp is a Hybrid Linebacker/Safety and should never be in a Deep Safety position

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I think a safety is in order. But I'll add those guys are cheap and easy to find both in the draft as well as FA.

What works against us a bit is the trend of teams playing 2 deep. Thanks Staley. But still it's an undervalued position with a lot of options.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m kind curious if Morris changed his defensive approach without Jalen. We know Jalen gets moved all over to maximize his impact and we know Williams can play the star as well but obviously not as well. Was Williams moving around or did they scrap that for last nite’s game?
It didn't appear to me that DBs were moving around much. Seemed more like straight up play which makes sense with less experienced players in the game. DWill is best suited for that style. This is another reason that Hill is missed. He was the versatile piece that allowed Ramsey to move around. Now that player has to be Williams, which has taken away from his game this year.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
It didn't appear to me that DBs were moving around much. Seemed more like straight up play which makes sense with less experienced players in the game. DWill is best suited for that style. This is another reason that Hill is missed. He was the versatile piece that allowed Ramsey to move around. Now that player has to be Williams, which has taken away from his game this year.
Also I think DWill is just rounding back into form after an ankle sprain that put him on the IR. Ankle sprains don’t sound like much but they take a long time to fully heal and reduce abilty to change direction especially when you are reacting to another player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Also I think DWill is just rounding back into form after an ankle sprain that put him on the IR. Ankle sprains don’t sound like much but they take a long time to fully heal and reduce abilty to change direction especially when you are reacting to another player.

DD21 just made a nice play though. He was missed earlier.
D. Williams has been excellent

Last edited: