Daredevil

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Posted about this series in the comic book movie news thread but I think it deserves its own thread, especially after the last episode I watched.

I am currently watching episode 9 of this series that was all uploaded to the internet last night...I started watching the series today...So yea, watched 8 episodes so far today, and am now on 9.

This show is very good. Nothing like the shit movie. This show is dark, gritty, very bloody and at times, extremely brutal. The fight scenes are very good and has realism to them, people actually wear down and get tired as the fighting goes on(the end of episode two is a perfect example of this).

Another aspect that is good is that Kingpin is brought along slowly.They do a great job with him. He is crazy as shit and its great. He is the best character in the show IMO. He is a depressed bipolar except that instead of extreme highs and extreme lows, he has constant lows and extreme lows that lead to rage, extreme rage. Vincent D'Onofrio plays this character great.

Supporting cast is good, everything is good.

I highly suggest to watch this if you have the chance.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Posted about this series in the comic book movie news thread but I think it deserves its own thread, especially after the last episode I watched.

I am currently watching episode 9 of this series that was all uploaded to the internet last night...I started watching the series today...So yea, watched 8 episodes so far today, and am now on 9.

This show is very good. Nothing like the crap movie. This show is dark, gritty, very bloody and at times, extremely brutal. The fight scenes are very good and has realism to them, people actually wear down and get tired as the fighting goes on(the end of episode two is a perfect example of this).

Another aspect that is good is that Kingpin is brought along slowly.They do a great job with him. He is crazy as crap and its great. He is the best character in the show IMO. He is a depressed bipolar except that instead of extreme highs and extreme lows, he has constant lows and extreme lows that lead to rage, extreme rage. Vincent D'Onofrio plays this character great.

Supporting cast is good, everything is good.

I highly suggest to watch this if you have the chance.

Vincent D'Onofrio actually plays a mob boss well? Get the fuck out of town! :p

I'm sorry, but after the piece of shit that was Staten Island, I couldn't really take him or Hawke seriously as actors.

Good for him to bounce back. I'll have to watch it, especially if it doesn't turn into the shipping fest that Arrow did.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Vincent D'Onofrio actually plays a mob boss well? Get the freak out of town! :p

I'm sorry, but after the piece of crap that was Staten Island, I couldn't really take him or Hawke seriously as actors.

Good for him to bounce back. I'll have to watch it, especially if it doesn't turn into the shipping fest that Arrow did.

Havent seen Staten Island, and that sounds like it s a good thing.

I liked arrow at first but after a while it just got old, and lame as hell so stopped watching it.

This show is nothing like Arrow at all. This show would never fly with WB. This show is brutal, and its awesome.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Havent seen Staten Island, and that sounds like it s a good thing.

I liked arrow at first but after a while it just got old, and lame as hell so stopped watching it.

This show is nothing like Arrow at all. This show would never fly with WB. This show is brutal, and its awesome.

Picture a mob boss nearly being killed and then turning into a tree-hugger that would make real tree-huggers want to cut down the tree he's living on. That's basically D'Onofrio's role in that movie in a nutshell.

Yeah, Arrow was good at first. Started sucking the more they focused on Oliver with Felicity/lawyer girl whose name I won't bother to remember.

Like Game of Thrones brutal?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Picture a mob boss nearly being killed and then turning into a tree-hugger that would make real tree-huggers want to cut down the tree he's living on. That's basically D'Onofrio's role in that movie in a nutshell.

Yeah, Arrow was good at first. Started sucking the more they focused on Oliver with Felicity/lawyer girl whose name I won't bother to remember.

Like Game of Thrones brutal?

Kingpin(D'Onofrio) smashed a guys head off with a car door because the guy interrupted the date he was on.... took about 30 times. he has rage issues lol.

Not as brutal at GoT, but nothing really is. It does come close though at times. Daredevil does shove a knife into a guys eye and into his head to torture him. And he gets hurt a lot. The fighting at times is pretty brutal due to the realism of it.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
this show is awesome! just watched the first 3 episodes last night. Kinda like Arrow (which I like) but grittier

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
4 episodes into it. Wow! My favorite new show. Very, very well done.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yea , it's made just for Nerflix , you can now download all 13 episodes

Daredevil is just the first of four different Marvel / Netflix series , also to come over the next two years is AKA Jessica Jones , Iron Fist and Luke Cage , , and then all four series will come together in a four part mini series called The Defenders

The cool thing about all four series on Netflix , they'll all be part of the same Marvel Universe , and part of Hells Kitchen , and they'll belong to the same universe as the Marvel Movies

cAPA-defenders_socialzero.jpg

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm with Tron this series is good. Dark and gritty are good words for this. Think of Daredevil as a hardscrabble/poverty version of a superhero :)

@Memento do not dismiss this because of a bad role he played in another production. There is only very good to excellent acting in this series, the sets are very real, and the writing is great.

If you are expecting to see something like a Hollywood superhero movie this will disappoint you. Just go into this with no expectations of that and see if you like it..........I bet you will.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
After three or four mediocre Punisher movies , look like they may have got it right this time

I actually really liked Punisher Warzone, thought it got the grit and the nastyness of the punisher right. Far better than the TJ/Travolta abomination....but it seems like no one has ever seen it, and it is almost never shown on TV.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Jon Bernthal teases a Twitter picture of Netflix's Daredevil Season 2

CN_XF-oUkAAtWGM.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Really like this show. And I'm kinda liking another series that has its feet in movies and comics. From Dusk til Dawn. Although I'm not sure which came first, the movie or the comic/graphic novel. The gal who plays Santanico Pandemonium is smoking hot. Almost Salma Hayek hot. Almost.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Marvel's Jessica Jones teaser trailer

Doesn't really show much , Jessica Jones is the second of four different Marvel TV series for Netflix , the other two to be Luke Cage and Iron Fist , all four will take place in the same Marvel Universe as Daredevil

I don't really know much about Jessica Jones , other then she does has some Super Human Strength , she's married to Luke Cage and works for the Daily Bugle , the same news paper Peter Parker/ Spider-man worked for

The series will take place in New York's Hell's Kitchen same as Daredevil

jones_size3.png

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
New teaser trailer for Marvel's Jessica Jones on Netflix