Da'Quan Bowers arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I cannot post the full story from my phone, but here is the headline and link.

Wow!

From USA TODAY

Bucs' Bowers arrested for bringing gun to airport. The DE faces same charges Plaxico Burress did but did inform airline officials weapon was in bag.

<a class="postlink" href="http://usat.ly/WIMJtIGet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://usat.ly/WIMJtIGet</a> USA TODAY on your mobile device:http://www.usatoday.com/mobile-apps

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Da'Quan Bowers arrested

Gotta tell ya. I didn't even know who that was without looking him up. At first glance, I thought it was the guy who made the tape that taught Napoleon Dynamite how to dance. But that was D-Qwon.

Yo2zXm0.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's the turn-your-brain-off season.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

X said:
Gotta tell ya. I didn't even know who that was without looking him up. At first glance, I thought it was the guy who made the tape that taught Napoleon Dynamite how to dance. But that was D-Qwon.

Yo2zXm0.jpg

See I think this guys name is DAY QUAN the apostrophe denoting the Y that is absent.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Thordaddy said:
X said:

Yo2zXm0.jpg

See I think this guys name is DAY QUAN the apostrophe denoting the Y that is absent.

You mean silent LOL.

Big dummy hahaha..... :cool:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

What is the current legal way for travelling via air with a firearm? Is one supposed to ship it to their destination separately, via registered gun dealers? What if I'm going on a hunting trip?

MojoRisin

UDFA

interference said:
What is the current legal way for travelling via air with a firearm? Is one supposed to ship it to their destination separately, via registered gun dealers? What if I'm going on a hunting trip?

I don't believe there is any issue as long as the firearm is reported and checked in ( no carry on )

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

MojoRisin said:
interference said:

I don't believe there is any issue as long as the firearm is reported and checked in ( no carry on )
I didn't find the USA Today article referred to in the OP, but in this FOX article it says they found the handgun "as he was about to board a US Airways flight". So, did he make it past TSA security with the gun in his bag?

Authorities say an NFL player has been arrested at a New York airport after police found a handgun in his luggage.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da`Quan Bowers was arraigned Monday on charges of criminal possession of a weapon and posted $10,000 bond.

Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport as he was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, N.C. Authorities say the .40-caliber weapon was found during a search of his carry-on bag.

Efforts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful. The Buccaneers haven't returned messages seeking comment.

Bowers played college football for Clemson University and was chosen by the Buccaneers in the 2011 NFL draft.

Former Giants star Plaxico Burress was arrested on the same charge after he accidentally shot himself in a nightclub in 2008.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/02/19/nfl-player-arrested-after-allegedly-bringing-gun-to-ny-airport/#ixzz2LPyHUqti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/02/1 ... z2LPyHUqti</a>

Another article I saw said that the handgun was loaded. This all sounds just a little too bizarre to me.

iced

MojoRisin said:
interference said:

you're not allowed to carry a fire arm in luggage. The sad thing is bowers got this through security at the initial airport.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Wait did they get him after security or during the X-ray machine? Because if it was after there's a lot of questions. Like how did he get past, who fucked up, and why search him after?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

LesBaker said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:

Yo2zXm0.jpg

You mean silent LOL.

Big dummy hahaha..... :cool:
Who you callin' big?

nighttrain

Legend

if you tell them its in your luggage, no problem, but the way is to call the airline
train

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

nighttrain said:
if you tell them its in your luggage, no problem, but the way is to call the airline
train
From what I've read he did tell them, but it was loaded

bluecoconuts

Legend

Thordaddy said:
nighttrain said:
train
From what I've read he did tell them, but it was loaded

Yeah it can't be loaded. When I fly with my guns, you have to have them unloaded, the ammo in separate boxes (not in magazines) and the guns in a lockbox (pelican case essentially). If you have your box of ammo it can be in the same case, but it can't be free in there or in any magazines. When you check in you let the counter know that you're checking in firearms, someone will come and check the box, and then you can both lock it back up, and it goes on the plane.