Dante Fowler hurt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wonder what type of medical studies are going into finding out why these non contact knee injuries are popping up more and more. It has to be the relationship to recent changes in cleat design and turf maybe. Or perhaps it's just overgrowth of the human body. I really have no idea, lol....but there's something wrong.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Horrible owner
Look what is happening with Fulham FC for a good look into the Wrath of Khan

They're around about where they should be, they're a mid-table Championship side, Woy had them punching above their weight (even keeping them up on the final day of the 2007-08 season was good, the Europa League season was dreamland), it's all about hitting on the right manager at the Championship level, there's the occasional big money spenders, but everyone is on a pretty level playing field.

You can go from relegated from the Championship one year, to back-to-back promotions to the Premiership in the next 2.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gone for the season after the 1st day of rookie camp, too bad!
And from the film I've seen nothing happened to him, he was just trying to come around the edge on the OT and Bam he went down!!
Check it out again Dave, he collapsed after the chest punch from #77...Was that Joeckle? Looked like the knee buckled inward...always a sign of ACL...just terrible...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder what type of medical studies are going into finding out why these non contact knee injuries are popping up more and more. It has to be the relationship to recent changes in cleat design and turf maybe. Or perhaps it's just overgrowth of the human body. I really have no idea, lol....but there's something wrong.

Gurley's was non contact too. :unsure:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

I think it's the extreme change of direction and speed I guess. Everyone is getting faster and our bodies aren't evolving at the same rate. You can't really put on extra muscle on your ACL like you can your hamstrings for example

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I called this guy a bust but feel a bit cheated here with him being hurt so bad so early. Sucks for him and for the Jags. Tough luck. God knows we've had enough of ACL's in this league.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Likely because they aren't doing real "football" work outs.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I think it's the extreme change of direction and speed I guess. Everyone is getting faster and our bodies aren't evolving at the same rate. You can't really put on extra muscle on your ACL like you can your hamstrings for example

Remember when Bo Jackson out muscled his own skeleton? UUUgly

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@theramsruleUK ↑
I somewhat agree...however tears usually occur where the ligament attaches to the bone, and that can be strengthened...in fact, the same weigh bearing exercises strengthen the attachment. Rarely is a ligament torn in half with both sides still attached to the bone. And, ligaments do have a blood supply, not a great one like muscle, but bone is very....vascular in nature..blood runs through it...The ligaments/tendons are nourished by the fluids that surrounds it...synovial fluid I believe...damn that A&P is leaving me...
I liken it to improper stretching and muscle-imbalances throughout the body, esp. in the lower body. IE. Quads significantly stronger to hamstrings...Calves weaker than Quads....

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
@theramsruleUK ↑
I somewhat agree...however tears usually occur where the ligament attaches to the bone, and that can be strengthened...in fact, the same weigh bearing exercises strengthen the attachment. Rarely is a ligament torn in half with both sides still attached to the bone. And, ligaments do have a blood supply, not a great one like muscle, but bone is very....vascular in nature..blood runs through it...The ligaments/tendons are nourished by the fluids that surrounds it...synovial fluid I believe...damn that A&P is leaving me...
I liken it to improper stretching and muscle-imbalances throughout the body, esp. in the lower body. IE. Quads significantly stronger to hamstrings...Calves weaker than Quads....
Damn son, you know a lot more than me! Why weren't you in charge of Bradfords ACL? :)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@theramsruleUK ↑

What-did-you-say-Anchorman-GIF.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/dante-fowler-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/

Dante Fowler out for season with torn ACL
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 8, 2015

dantefowler-e1431121236557.jpeg
AP

The third overall pick in this year’s NFL draft will miss his entire rookie season with an injury suffered at his first day of practice.

Jaguars pass rusher Dante Fowler is out for the season with a torn ACL, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Fowler, a talented edge rusher from Florida, was expected to make an instant impact on Jacksonville’s defense. Instead, at the first practice of today’s rookie minicamp he went down awkwardly, immediately grabbed his knee, and had to be helped off the field. It looked bad, and now it’s been confirmed that it was every bit as bad as it looked.

Just a week ago, Fowler was arriving in Jacksonville as a player who was supposed to make a big splash as a rookie. Now he’ll spend his rookie season rehabbing, and hoping he can be the player in 2016 that Jacksonville wanted him to be this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/dante-fowler-out-for-season-with-torn-acl/

Dante Fowler out for season with torn ACL
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 8, 2015

dantefowler-e1431121236557.jpeg
AP

The third overall pick in this year’s NFL draft will miss his entire rookie season with an injury suffered at his first day of practice.

Jaguars pass rusher Dante Fowler is out for the season with a torn ACL, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Fowler, a talented edge rusher from Florida, was expected to make an instant impact on Jacksonville’s defense. Instead, at the first practice of today’s rookie minicamp he went down awkwardly, immediately grabbed his knee, and had to be helped off the field. It looked bad, and now it’s been confirmed that it was every bit as bad as it looked.

Just a week ago, Fowler was arriving in Jacksonville as a player who was supposed to make a big splash as a rookie. Now he’ll spend his rookie season rehabbing, and hoping he can be the player in 2016 that Jacksonville wanted him to be this year.

Don't "like".

Damn.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's a damn shame. He seems like such a good kid, and fully believe he is gonna be a damn beast. Get well kid. Relax, rehab make your first few million and enjoy life. lol

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i think they should start wearing some type of high end knee braces at least during practice and training camp. if it restricts you in a game take it off but that shit can definitely help with extra support so that shit happens less during practice at least. i bet the future of football with have some type of expensive next generation surgery to super strengthen knee ligaments and other injury prone joints. but what do i know. i was suppose to have a hover board by now too. did i just get a little off topic...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
i think they should start wearing some type of high end knee braces at least during practice and training camp. if it restricts you in a game take it off but that crap can definitely help with extra support so that crap happens less during practice at least. i bet the future of football with have some type of expensive next generation surgery to super strengthen knee ligaments and other injury prone joints. but what do i know. i was suppose to have a hover board by now too. did i just get a little off topic...

Both Bradford and Long injured knees with braces.

It's whack.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Both Bradford and Long injured knees with braces.

It's whack.
yea i know those help with side to side movement but not so much hyperextension it seems. I'm hoping in the future maybe something comes out. like 5-10 years but idk. also i think it was either Lindsey Vonn or some other skier or Olympic boarder that blew hers out and they added tensile strength steel fibers into her ligaments to keep them strong. i believe it was a bit experimental but it went well I believe. They've been doing it in Canada I believe but not here i think. something players should look into maybe

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
yea i know those help with side to side movement but not so much hyperextension it seems. I'm hoping in the future maybe something comes out. like 5-10 years but idk. also i think it was either Lindsey Vonn or some other skier or Olympic boarder that blew hers out and they added tensile strength steel fibers into her ligaments to keep them strong. i believe it was a bit experimental but it went well I believe. They've been doing it in Canada I believe but not here i think. something players should look into maybe

Knees are the life blood of every player. If there is a solution to the injuries I'm in support.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Knees are the life blood of every player. If there is a solution to the injuries I'm in support.
tell me about it. I'm 25 and have genetically tight muscles and IT bands that stretch the length of your leg that thought out alignments in knees and hips. long story short i have degenerative cartilage in my knees after years of wear and tear from school sports without knowing the damage and now its irreparable. and as a personal trainer it really blows. knees suck. I've been in and out of rehab for them for years. after what Bradford went through I pass no judgment that he contemplated retirement and its why I respect him so much.