Daniel Jeremiah Talks Draft and Rams Rumored Interest in Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
NFL Network Draft Analyst Daniel Jeremiah joined The Peoples Show on 920AM to talk Draft. Jeremiah says: “NFL personnel are saying there’s legitimate interest between the Rams and Johnny Manziel. There’s at least buzz in personnel circles saying do not rule out Johnny Manziel to St. Louis.” He has heard this starting all the way back at the Combine. He thinks Manziel would be a good fit in St.Louis, but Jeremiah has the Rams taking Greg Robinson and Ha-Ha Clinton Dix in the first round in his mock draft.

Listen to Jeremiah Interview

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't buy the Manziel talk. It is all just a trick to get someone to try to trade up for #2 so they can take him instead.

I wonder how these media guys will feel after they find out that the Rams played them like a fiddle.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Come on Cleveland make the big trade and the big splash with Johnny Football, you're fan base will be talking you jersey sales will increase and you will set up the St. Louis Rams very nicely for years to come. Take the bait Browns come on you can do it!
you+can+do+it.jpg

jap

Legend
I don't buy the Manziel talk. It is all just a trick to get someone to try to trade up for #2 so they can take him instead.

I wonder how these media guys will feel after they find out that the Rams played them like a fiddle.

They always get played . . . by everyone. They are always so anxious to put out the most recent "scoop" they latch onto any nonsense said by NFL personnel, intentional or spoken out of hand. These jokers would quote NFL janitors as "an undisclosed NFL source" if they thought it would give them a scoop.

Muleman

UDFA

I'm with you, all this talk about Mack and now Manziel tells me just how bad the Rams really want to trade out of the 2 slot.
I have complete trust in Snead/Fisher/Demoff to do the best thing for the team. Just hope they don't get too cute and get hood-winked. Too good of talent at the top that has a higher than normal chance of becoming elite players for us than most drafts.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
One of the unfortunate side effects of the longer wait to the draft is the talking heads getting their inside information during acid trips.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Total Bovine Feces.........

Don't buy any of it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I believe the Rams believe in Bradford. As do I.

But, IF they had interest in Manziel they would have to have a deal in place with Cleveland for Bradford.

That's the only scenario I could imagine.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If we draft Manziel, it would change the makeup of our offense because I don't see Manziel fitting in Shotty's offensive playbook. IMO, Manziel is reckless which will get him hurt in a league where defensive personnel are just as fast or faster and will hit you like a ton of bricks. He might have been able to get away with his style of play in college, but the NFL is the best of the best at every position. He's not going to facing defenses that have just a couple great players and the rest are average. Also, in a pass happy league he won't survive because he is not disciplined enough. He will always want to run once defensive pressure comes at him, and defenses in the NFL are good enough to bait him into doing that.

We heard the same talk came with RG3 and we passed on him. I see the same here. Manziel will not be drafted by the RAMS, and every team he plays against will go after him. Again, if I had a vote... PASS. If I'm wrong I will upload a video proclaiming his greatness.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I believe the Rams believe in Bradford. As do I.

But, IF they had interest in Manziel they would have to have a deal in place with Cleveland for Bradford.

That's the only scenario I could imagine.

. . . or they are merely doing due diligence on Manziel in case the Brownies get crazy on Draft Night One and offer their two Round One picks to us for the right to draft the #2 overall selection.

A55VA6

Legend
Well Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis both have said they've "heard things from high ranking NFL sources" that the Rams have interest in Manziel. True or not, idk. But if he's there at 13.. I say draft the guy. Manziel might be exactly what this offense needs. You never know. Why not pull the trigger and take the shot?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis both have said they've "heard things from high ranking NFL sources" that the Rams have interest in Manziel. True or not, idk. But if he's there at 13.. I say draft the guy. Manziel might be exactly what this offense needs. You never know. Why not pull the trigger and take the shot?

I don't see Manziel playing WR, LG, or LT(if Long can't go).

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I wonder how many times that Lyal Lovett dude tapped Julia Roberts ass?

Ya know just a rumored interest.

No to Manziel! Wasn't Jeremiah a former NFL scout, if so he's just a bullfrog now. ;)

A55VA6

Legend
I don't see Manziel playing WR, LG, or LT(if Long can't go).
Obviously.

I'm talking specifically about the QB position though. We have like 12 picks in the draft, so you can still get talent at those positions you listed with one of the 1st rounders, 2nd rounder, 3rd, etc and still get Manziel if he was there at #13.

I don't think we'll draft Manziel, but anything is possible.